Thread: tiny red dots on skin (please help)

tiny red dots on skin (please help)

Hi all. im new to this forum but seems like a very good place. I know that no one on here are docters but i would like to know if any one else has experanced theses tiny red dots, im going out of my mind with worry im have not been eating properly since coming accross them and im constently surfing the internet to self diagnose, yes stuped me. basicaly about 5 weeks ago i got 3 tiny , slightly raised red spots appear on my hand, i instantly checked to see if they blanched and they did, its almost like theres blood in the spot and when you run a glass over them the blood goes and returns when releasing the preasure. Then i checked both arms and found these tiny flat blood spots, smaller then 1mm i have about 6 on each arm, these have also been here for about 5 weeks think iv had a couple new ones since. So this is when i started surfing and found petechaie, id never even heard of it before now im obsesing over it! its driving me crazy. the smaller flat spots on my arm will fade when preasure is applied, not completly but most of it will fade. however if i run my finger nail accros them lightly they will go and reapear again. I cant find any any where else on my body and the ones i have are not in any cluster there just there, and they do not itch. ive looked at lots of difrent pics of all diffrent types of spots and nothing seems to match. there is something that is called Telangiectasias but there is not a lot of info about these. Im so wooried right now, i also developed a bruise on the back of my upper leg that about 3cm, that has got bigger since i noticed it, but i have been streching the skin and prodding this, would this make a bruise worce??? im not sure where this bruise came from, posible from a bump i was out the weekend for my birthday and got a bit drunk, but didnt notice it until a couple of days later! my worry is obviosly leukimia, but if these red dots were related to leukimia would there be more then what i have experianced over the last 5 weeks , and if they were peterchaie would they have gone by now even if the leukimia was not treated, im so worried ! i know you might say go to doctor but i cant im to scared about what his gunna tell me. any input would be so nice.

Re: tiny red dots on skin (please help)

Hi don't think they are anything to worry about I have had several over the years I had one near my eyes for months I picked it which I shouldn't of done and it bled alot and never came back since then I have had them come and go in various different places and left them alone they go eventuallly havn't a clue what they are!!!

the bruise is prob from your night out lol I get lots of bruises and mostly can't think how I got them but I don't worry about them either unless I got loads all over the place this type of thing is normal for everyone I would think.

thanks for your reply mic, funny you should say that cause one of them i had on my hand i stuck a pin in it (naughty me) and it bled a little formed a scab after a week the scab had gone and you wouldnt even know it was there , im more conerend about the tiny flat ones on my arms there so small i cant even say how i found them, i would say there smaller then 1mm if i press on them with something solid like the end of a pen they do blanch and return after about a second ive also used the corner of my bank card and that makes them blanch, when i use the glass on theses one they just blanch a little you can still slightly see them... ive read that petechaie does not blanch at all with anything and iv also read that if you run your nail acros them they will brifley fade, so im so confuced with everything im reading??? ive defantly noticed them on the tops of my arms about 4 months ago but it didnt ring any bells at that time, i dont know if the ones that are there now are the same that was there then becuz i just forgot about it at the time but now i cant stop thinking about them! they deffo dont look like any the pics on google of peterchaie but mine are so small i dont think you could get a picture of them anyway so i suppose thats why there is no pictures !

Hi to the site.

I get red dots on my arms and my legs. They come and go and have done for along time.

I no you dont want to visit the doctor but as i not medically trained to say what they are maybe you should go to put your mind at rest.

As for the bruises i get them all the time and havent a clue where they come from lol

mandie x

thanks mandie , what are your tiny red dots called that you have ? or is it something you just accept ? if mine were petechaie caused through leukimia would i be seeing a lot more then what i have over 5 weeks ? im so scared ! i wake up through the night checking myself to see if more have appeard ?

I have no idea! I used to work in a doctors surgery and i had them one day when i was there and as there were quite a few i got a bit worried so i showed them to the doctor there. He got a magnifying glass out to look but he said they were nothing to be conncerned about! he said could be a reaction to my washing powder or to material in clothes i was wearing. I had loads on my arms yesterday but they have gone today.

Im looking at tops of my arms now and i have quite a few small red dots.Iv had them for ages.

mandie x

Thread Information