Thread: Dr changed his mind as to what it wrong with me... please leave me some opinions.

Dr changed his mind as to what it wrong with me... please leave me some opinions.

Hi all, I'll start by pointing out the fact that I have a very happy life athome, no worries at all, I don't self harm but Ido have bad dry skin that I scratch at night in my sleep, normally due to sweats &/or habit. (gross I know, sorry about that.)

I was told by my Dr that my symptoms all pointed toward the fact I may have had glandular fever in the last few months but never really saw any side effects until now.
    My symptoms now/were:-
    Stiff muscles on the sides of my neck
    glands raised on neck, armpit & groin
    very dark red throat
    back ache
    muscle, joint & bone ache
    headache
    hands trembling
    Night sweats
    I never had the cough, fever, sore throat etc

It stated because had an infection in my gum from a wisdom tooth coming through about 5 weeks ago, all theother symptoms popped up after that.
    This turned into me needing a tooth out (which helped instantly) & the dentist telling me I needed a dental splint to widen my jaw abilites because they were very restricted & this could well be the cause of theneck pain.

During this time I was given two courses of anti-biotics & I took ibuprofen, paracetamol every day. At this point I got massive stomach pains & was told to lay off the ibuprofen (I was taking a couple every four hours or so, maybe twice a day).
    All the symptoms remained except the back pain which has gone away.

But my headache never got better, my joints & bones etc kill me when I'm cold (I work in a service station next to a main door & there is NO heating so I'm always cold but as soon as I'm at home I'm fine because it's warm.

I have spent the last five weeks panicing about my symptoms (I have a back story but that's in the intro's section if you care to read it).

Full blood tests have been done inc. X-rays & everything came back fine, no cancer, no HIV, no infections, no tumours - nothing. I didn't get a brain scan but hopefully I won't convince myself I need to.

My main worry up until this point was my neck but after the splint was fitted the stiffness shifted to the base of my neck/skull.
    The splint broke & now needs replacing but the stiffness still remains.
    saturday my right eye felt a little funny like my eyelid had folded the wrong way while I slept (I've had this before)but I started to be convinced I had a brain tumour or a stroke or something (again, I'm in good health & 29 so stroke? Please...)
    I had another appointment with a different Dr (a lady Dr) to discuss my health anxieties. I know I have an issue, all the signal flares are going up because ut feels exactly the same as it did 12 years ago when I first developed health anxiety issues & was prescribed seroxat which helped fix me (& I was fixed - been off them for 2 years).
    Now I'm on fluoxitine - been five days & I'm feeling lots of side effects.

Last night I went to sleep about 3am with my beautiful girlfriend, normal time for us, & after an hour I awoke to find my right hand side of my neck was VERY stiff, it hurt when I took deep breaths in but also in my chest (like a stitch) & the left hand side of my throat was very sore.
    I MUST have slept funny, had to have, but my breathing hurt so much that Igot an emergency appointment at the dr & stayed in bed all day until my appointment at 4.40.
    He agreed that he could hear something slight in my chest but nothing much & that he doesn't now think that I had glandular fever symptoms as my glands would be much bigger, my throat was red, maybe from my tooth extraction healing & has given me yet more anti-biotics.

The ONLY solace I could find was in the fact that i felt so bad because I had the symptoms of glandular fever but now that may not be the case.
    To top it all off my eyes feel very swollen & dry & like my face is drooping & falling from my skull (but I look fine in the mirror).

So I turn to you... What's yor opinions?
    My guesses (trying to make sense of things really)

Night sweats - I think this was caused by my skin cream "unsulating" me while I slept & sweated, when I don't use it at night I don't sweat nearly half as much.

Can dry skin conditions that have broken out into sores make glands stand up? THis would explain the glands on my arm pits & groin because due to stress & me scratching in my sleep after night sweats my arms, legs & feet look like freddy krugers face & bleeding.

Can my sleeping postion be causing my stiff neck? I use lots of pillows & toss & turn all night due to the scratching & itching.

Please give me some feedback, I'm driving myself crazy.
    Thank you in advance.
    Luke.

Re: Dr changed his mind as to what it wrong with me... please leave me some opinions.

I've recently purchased a memory foam pillow & it's not helping at all.
    My neck is still stiff after many weeks & my glands are still up.
    My right eye lid is still twitching & slightly swollen.
    I received a call today telling me I have a talking therapy session next tuesday so I'm just trying to hold out for that but I feel like I'm going crazy, I can't keep my attention on anything I enjoy - movies, Xbox, walks - I have no motivation.
    Luke

Thread Information