About 10 months ago I started taking 10mg Citalopram, they worked really well but after 4 months I thought I'd see if I could do any better on 20mg, but it was AWFUL, so I went back to 10, and they never worked the same since. So I went on to 40mg Fluoxetine which I've had for the last 5 months. I can't really describe my time on them, they don't seem to have done much for me. They take the edge off my episodes and for the last few months I've had a lot less anxiety, but I'm still generally quite low. So I spoke to the doctor today and she's changing me back to citalopram. I'll be taking 2 weeks to reduce the fluoxetine and then have nothing for 5 days before i start citalopram. I'm really worried about the second week when i only take one pill every two days and then have 5 days with nothing, and then getting used to citalopram again!
Hopefully it will be worth it, I was a lot happier on citalopram. But I remember I used to have a lot of highs which used to frighten me a bit, where i had too much energy. that gave me more suspicion that i might be bi polar, i mentioned it to the doctor today and she didn't seem that bothered. just some times i'm running around like i'm on top of the world all confident and then suddenly i think im worthless!
Has anyone else changed pills this much? I know it takes a while to find the right ones but I feel like it's just an ongoing thing that i won't be able to solve. changing again feels like going back to the start, i wanted to be off completely by june but it doesn't look like i will be now!
sorry for rambling haha any replies would be appreciated!