Thread: Agorophobic and anxiety

Unhappy Agorophobic and anxiety

Hi i am wendy and i have suffered with anxiety for 30yrs.I was having pa due to my mum dying at 42yrs young.My dr.put me on diazapam which made me worse in the long run.I am withdrawing from them now and going through hell and back i still have depression and anxiety.These meds have also made me house bound.I can get to the shops with my partner but can go nowhere on my own which is horrendous has i used to be a free spirit...anyone on here in the same boat.I will never give up,i have no faith in dr.s whatsoever...

Hi wmacd

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Agorophobic and anxiety

Welcome to NMP.

Yes, I am in the same boat. I have agoraphobia and general anxiety as well. I can go out but only if somebody is with me. If I go out on my own even to walk my dog I have a panic attack. I also feel trapped and very alone but I'm trying to fight it.

Hi I have agrophobia and anxiety and can not go out the house at all on my own and even with someone do not like to go far.
    I used to rely on my husband to take me out think I was too dependent on him and sadly he died in 2007 age 40 so do not get out much at all now.
    I have been like this for 24 years now and like you have no faith in doctors at all

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

I'm sorry to hear about your husband loveletter.

Hi and welcome.

I'm another person with agoraphobia.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I am agoraphobic as well. I am getting better about driving places, but I can't go INSIDE places without having a horrible time. Hugs to you, Wiskers ~

"We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Einstein

Another person with agoraphobia! Feel free to PM me and check my 'introduce yourself' thread for my story!

Thread Information