Thread: Tight Stomach Feeling / No Appetite / Scared

Tight Stomach Feeling / No Appetite / Scared

Am having a really BAD time i just feel i can't cope
    Woke up feeling fine had some porridge and that for breakfast at 6am then went and done a bit of shopping and then i could feel my belly starting to get tight like i have a tight band just below my ribs (like some1 is squeezing me so hard) No appetite & just an overall scared sickly feeling and to top it all off my stomach has been playing up have been constipated for days but finally went this morning and this afternoon but my belly just wont stop making all crazy bubble / popping noises and its freaking me out i just can't stop panicing about it all as i find am dwelling on my stomach so much i NEVER relax it EVER i just feel that i am tensing my abdomen all the time, my mind never rests i just feel i cant cope with all this anymore my doc says my stomach is just wind (IBS) etc and the tightness feeling like a band is just ANXIETY.... this is also followed with trembling / nervous stomach feeling but the main thing that annoys me is i lose all appetite i have managed to eat something today which is good for me as i never usually eat when feeling this way but i just don't no how to stop all this negative thinking and stop thinking about my stomach 24/7 its never ending i just haven't got a life am so DEPRESSED / SCARED / NAUSEA / TREMBLING always feel like am waiting for something to happen to me ........

This is 24/7 am just not having a life am 28 and haven't been out my door ALONE for over 2 years to be honest i don't even wanna go out at all....
    Am just stuck in a rut don't no what to do / what to take / or even how to help myself anymore i just feel SICK all the time and am sick of anxiety and everything that comes with it and now IBS

Re: Tight Stomach Feeling / No Appetite / Scared

Hi,
    I also get problems in the morning with my stomach, my husband use to get anxious in the mornings but he his now on fluxotine which works a little for him.
    I am on escitalopram, but i still get tummy problems, feelings of dread and the fear of dying.
    Are you on any meds?
    If not, you need to see a doctor!
    Please understand most people on this site have and still experience all the emotions that you are trapped within, I have for example.
    I have seen therapists and pschologists, but only you can make the first move.
    Do you have any hobbies, or what do you enjoy doing when you feel like it ?
    X

Hi honeyp1e
    Firstly here is a hug for you
    I also get the realy tight band feeling its horrible isnt it with me it also makes me feel like i cant breathe right as its so tight! Ive been to the docs a few times with it as it is scarey.He says its just another anxiety symptom and a very common one.Have you tried to take long slow deap breaths with it to see if it helps a little try breathing into your stomach.
    The bubbling noises i get them aswell almost constantly which my daughter finds funny as its loud lol.To me all your stomach symptoms are just like mine and i have been diagnosed with IBS along with all my anxietys.Try not to get too worried about the eating as long as you are getting plenty of fluid as worrying about your diet will just add to your stress.
    And like haynsey says go see your doctor and tell them everything about how you are feeling and get some help
    Take care kim x

i know the feeling your not alone, do you get nausea also.

Quote Originally Posted by emmawalton View Post
    i know the feeling your not alone, do you get nausea also.

thats the worse the nausea

horrid isn't it i think i have appendicitus sometimes because get nausea but i can see i am in the sound boat as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by haynsey View Post
    Hi,
    I also get problems in the morning with my stomach, my husband use to get anxious in the mornings but he his now on fluxotine which works a little for him.
    I am on escitalopram, but i still get tummy problems, feelings of dread and the fear of dying.
    Are you on any med's?
    If not, you need to see a doctor!
    Please understand most people on this site have and still experience all the emotions that you are trapped within, I have for example.
    I have seen therapists and pschologists, but only you can make the first move.
    Do you have any hobbies, or what do you enjoy doing when you feel like it ?
    X
    hi am on citalopram not long started them so wont be in system as of yet.. i just hate the fact i have to cope with this am not eating and when i do go to eat the anxiety that goes through me i just don't no how to over come this phobia of eating i worry that it will either kick off my stomach or i get a bad nervous stomach every time i eat like i need to keep shooting the loo only i don't need the loo or my phobia of vomiting kicks of and i wont eat with fear i will be sick etc.... and am so so hungry i just don't no how to get through all this ??????? and am fine sometimes before eating its once ibs eaten all the anxiety and negative thinking start off and my heart just pounds or i get this feeling just under my ribs like my food is stuck or a tight band and then this just puts me off eating am trying my hardest to eat but anxiety is just taking over ¬!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmawalton View Post
    horrid isn't it i think i have appendicitus sometimes because get nausea but i can see i am in the sound boat as everyone else.

yes am the same like today i have eaten little bits and am getting nausea with eating now even though am so hungry then i just get put off the eating am losing so much weight and that tight band feeling just below my ribs wont go :(

Hi Honeyple
    I keep telling you it is anxiety
    You have seen the Gastic Clinic and they have told you that it is acid and you have got to eat as it is causing the acid in your stomach and the band round is the anxiety.
    You have got to start believing that it is anxiety and also try and eat something little but often.

Joanx

Quote Originally Posted by joans60 View Post
    Hi Honeyple
    I keep telling you it is anxiety
    You have seen the Gastic Clinic and they have told you that it is acid and you have got to eat as it is causing the acid in your stomach and the band round is the anxiety.
    You have got to start believing that it is anxiety and also try and eat something little but often.

Joanx

i no i have anxiety its just i can't cope or am struggling with it

Thread Information