Thread: Introduce myself

Introduce myself

Hello I am Cassy, I am a 47 year old female and think I may be suffering from anxiety. This isn't something that has come out of the blue. Several months ago I suddenly started to feel dizzy/light headed. For several weeks I suffered several intense strange feelings which all seemed to be coming from my head. I made several trips to the doctors and even a couple to A&E as I was convinced I must be dreadfully ill (brain tumour). I have seen a neurologist however, he did a few co-ordination tests and said there was no indication of any brain disease. He just said some people suffer from these sysmptoms. No suggestion on how to control/ease them. I have managed to have several weeks relative freedom from these sysmptoms but am never entirely right. However, for the past week I have had a tension headache, it feels as if my head is being squeezed. Is this a typical sign of anxiety? This past week I have fely quite jumpy too, kind of like head twitching. Writing this is kind of a relief but it is making me want to cry my eyes out, not a good thing at the moment as I am at work. I am desparate for help, this thing is controlling my life. I feel as if I can't approach the medical profession any longer as I don't get any answers. Perhaps I am just suffering from stress/anxiety. I just wish it would go away.

Re: Introduce myself

Hi
    Cassy welcome to NMP, you sound just how I felt when I first joined this site. There are good doctors out there but you need to be truthful with them how you'll feeling and ask lots of questions. Thoses questions and this site has helped me loads.
    Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi Cassy, welcome aboard. Youll find lots of help and support here, keep posting. Im Paula, 40yrs, suffered with agoraphobia (recovering), and panic and anxiety. This forum has been a huge help to me, Im sure youll get help here too. As far as tnsion headaches go, if they persist I would see an optician maybe? Also, these light headed feelings can be triggered by menopause. Sometimes nothing seems to trigger stress and anxiety, but keep searching for your answer. In the meantime, try lavender oil, and read up the subjects in the left hand column here, see if it rings any bells. Hope you feel better soon x P

Hi there

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Thread Information