Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have Loss Of Appetite....

Do You Have Loss Of Appetite....

So i have problems with eating and this has only started since my anxiety has been high i just dont have an appetite at all and get bad nausea with it bassically my stomach gets that tight scared knot in it i just can't eat i just go off food....
    this can last any time from hours to a day or so sometimes longer and when i do finally try and eat after a few bites my stomach feels full up and i have badly trapped with or i get bad nausea and high anxiety again... am trying to push through all this so i can eat normal again....But how ??

i never ate much yesterday & could hear all the wind and that in my belly last night i woke up this morning and had a small bowl of porridge and now my belly is bloated with that pregnant feeling lol and the trapped wind, shortness of breath feeling & nausea ........ all just below my ribs how am i meant to get back to eating if this happens all the time and just puts me off eating again !!

if you suffer with loss of appetite due to your anxiety how do you deal with it ??
    can you make yourself just eat??
    how long do you go without foods??
    and what are your symptoms when you do eat again??

Re: Do You Have Loss Of Appetite....

Your citalopram will also have an affect on your appetite, it's already reduced mine and it seems this is a side effect many seem to have. You just have to remember to eat regularly - eating healthily and frequently will vastly aid your recovery. If you're really struggling to remember when to eat, set alarms at the times you'd normally eat and remind yourself you're hungry, remember that whilst your brain may not feel it needs food, your body ultimately does!
    Hope this helps xx

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
    Norman Vincent Peale.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeballz View Post
    Your citalopram will also have an affect on your appetite, it's already reduced mine and it seems this is a side effect many seem to have. You just have to remember to eat regularly - eating healthily and frequently will vastly aid your recovery. If you're really struggling to remember when to eat, set alarms at the times you'd normally eat and remind yourself you're hungry, remember that whilst your brain may not feel it needs food, your body ultimately does!
    Hope this helps xx

Never thought to set alarm or anything but if am just not feeling like eating or bloated / no appetite i just cant force myself to eat as i then get that horrible sickly feeling or bloated straight away xx

Citalopram has done the opposite thing to me and it's really increased my appetite. I'm therefore trying not to eat too much extra food or I will be looking like a beached whale very soon. The thing it seems to really be making me crave is biscuits, for some mad reason.

I just lose my appetite when am having an anxious time or when anxiety is high so yesterday was a bad day for me only ate VERY small so today when I woke I was hungry and made myself porridge at 8am after a few spoons my stomach was feeling full and still is now.. This afternoon I felt like a few biscuits with a cup of tea so I had them then about an hour ago I thought I'd make dinner but when I went to make it my stomach still feels that full feeling just below my ribs its a feeling like I've swallowed an air bubble?? So I just left the food and had an hours sleep thinking it'd be gone when I woke up and now I've just woken up I still don't feel hungry at all!!
    I hate the fact I lost my appetite as I really can't afford to but I just can't get rid of this full feeling just below my ribs :(

Hi,

I too lose my appetite when i am anxious. When I started my meds about 2 months ago, I didn't eat for nearly 4 weeks! I just couldn't face any food whatsoever, I couldn't even prepare food for my husband or daughter, I had to leave the room when they ate. I drank lots of water and drank slimfast shakes, just to make sure I had some nutrients. Gradually my appetite improved, it was a slow process and only found I could eat late afternoon and evenings at first. Now my appetite is pretty much back to normal. When I suffer the odd blip of anxiety, the first thing that goes is my appetite. I now know it will pass and just ride it out (albeit hard).

What i am trying to say really is don't worry about not eating too much, that in itself will cause more anxiety. You will not starve to death or anything horrid. Try and drink milk or nutrient shakes, complan anything like that until you are able to eat. Make sure you also drink plenty of water.

Don't worry it will pass, and when you can eat will more than make up for it.

Hi there im going through the same thing at the moment ive lost my appetite because everytime i eat i get terrible trapped wind and i just cant cope with it .I get it at the top of my stomach and in my chest its not a pain its a terrible feeling of pressure and uncomfortableness .its awfull and making my life a misery.I got tested for helicobactor which was positive but i couldnt handle the meds but my doc says he sure it anxiety thats causing it and not the bacteria as most people have it and causes no problems.I totally know what you are going through,kind regards molly

Quote Originally Posted by molly36 View Post
    Hi there im going through the same thing at the moment ive lost my appetite because everytime i eat i get terrible trapped wind and i just cant cope with it .I get it at the top of my stomach and in my chest its not a pain its a terrible feeling of pressure and uncomfortableness .its awfull and making my life a misery.I got tested for helicobactor which was positive but i couldnt handle the meds but my doc says he sure it anxiety thats causing it and not the bacteria as most people have it and causes no problems.I totally know what you are going through,kind regards molly

yes this is what am like even though i dont have an appetite when i do try and eat i get that uncomfortable feeling just below my ribs and the worse trapped wind ever but i really just dont wanna eat hopefully this will pass very soon and i will be back to my old ways eating loads its just really puts my mind at rest knowing am not the only one feeling this way as i have been over worrying so much and i think thats also making me worse xx

When I was on sertraline it did it to me, but it's funny you should mention this because I've been quite anxious the past couple of days and I've barely eaten anything and I'm not even hungry. I go through these phases alot one week I'll eat everything in sight, the next nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizziesaurus View Post
    When I was on sertraline it did it to me, but it's funny you should mention this because I've been quite anxious the past couple of days and I've barely eaten anything and I'm not even hungry. I go through these phases alot one week I'll eat everything in sight, the next nothing.
    Thanks for this i was so worried why i didnt even feel hungry at all but hopefully it will pass am used to not having an appetite when my anxiety is high but usually i still feel hungry now n then x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information