Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retching and Vomiting

Re: Retching and Vomiting

You know Sarah, I'm starting to wonder the same thing! I'm beginning to get the feeling I may have an intolerance to certain foods. I may not be thinking of anything and be having a 'good period'. All of a sudden I just feel that all too familiar urge to heave. I usually either have a couple of rennies or start chewing gum. I do suffer with heartburn a fair bit so I'm wondering if it could all be related. I end up fighting so hard not to heave I end up with full on globus hystericus for the rest of the day, lump in throat, dull ache in the top of my back, crippling!

What are we like!

yes the same, good periods i think i have conquered it, then bang its back!! if you get heartburn you could have acid reflux, i dont get heartburn, have you noticed whether it occurs after eating? or certain foods? i had once after a rich spag bol, and i tend to notice mine sometimes mid morning...
    hhmm puzzled!! i get it mid conversation sometimes and i now avoid long conversations!!

sarah

I do have reflux and can tell when it's coming on too but it doesn't always make me feel like heaving. I had to stop drinking tea, that definitely brought it on, I thought it may be milk but tea without made me feel the same (especially a strong cup). High fibre foods like brown bread or certain cereals like weetabix also make me feel strange in the stomach about half an hour after eating them, I could heave until I'm blue in the face if I didn't fight it.
    That causes me to feel anxious (being an emetaphobe), which I guess in turn causes me to generate more stomach acid making my stomach feel even worse, bit of a vicious cycle really!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information