Thread: Chest pains- possible growth spurt/uneven boobs?

Chest pains- possible growth spurt/uneven boobs?

Hi all
    So ill keep this short as possible! During my height of anxiety my fears surround heart attacks and suicide and pretty much nothing else. I always had phantom chest pains, cramps, heat flushes etc.
    I recently started CBT and I have calmed down, even though I have only been twice I've had many relaxing evenings without and PA's and nowhere near as much Anx. However, since then, I've noticed different pains...it's like there's two types..there's crampy, tight aches which I can relate directly to PA's/Anx. Then, nearly always on my left side, I get shooting pains or tingling stabby pains, BUT....it does feel like these are actually inside my breast and not my chest. I thought it might be growth pains as Im only 22, and could still be growing, and my left breast tends to be 1-0.5 cup size smaller than my right one. Ive got no lumps or bumps and no bruising/swelling/new stretch marks/tenderness or anything.

I feel I should add, when I was 16 (so nearly 7 yrs ago) I had a full MRI/Heartscans etc as I was having chest pains, and they were all inconclusive and there was no problems, despite a suspected heart murmur.

Opinions? I've obviously contemplated going to see my GP but Im of the opinion that if they said theres a possibility of a problem my anxiety is gonna hit me full whack again!

Re: Chest pains- possible growth spurt/uneven boobs?

Hi there. It would probably be a good idea to note your menstrual cycles and when these pains occur. Also try to note if you've been doing any physical work that could cause pain.
    I pulled a muscle in my chest before (without realising it) and the pain radiated from my breast. I was concerned about my heart etc, but started to see a pattern in how and when it would start to hurt.
    It might help you to get through this.

Thread Information