Thread: smear test soz

smear test soz

sorry to post again so soon, i went for a smear test last week after missing last one due to worrying so much about the results[silly i know] but im freaked out waiting, i know a lot of folks feel the same, but question is do u think if something was wrong i would be told sooner, a friend of mine had smear n 3 days later was called by gp to say she had a problem, etc and although she is ok she seemed to think i would know sooner if i had something wrong, but i assumed whether it was ok or not it would take the same time, what does everyone else think?

thanks
    x

Re: smear test soz

Hiya. I went for my first smear yesterday and am also worrying a lot about the results and struggling with the wait. Its so scary isnt it. Im not sure exactly with regard to your question but the nurse did take my phone number down on her form so I assume if anything really bad were to come up they would contact you ASAP. Probably you are notified of small cell changes by letter (I was told I'd get a letter in 2 weeks) and big ones by phone. I dont know though, just my guess. Hope you get that normal result back soon x

Re: smear test soz

Thanks for your reply, i guess im just petrified something is wrong... gp has my number on file as normal, but nurse didnt ask for contact details she just said it would be about 4- 6 weeks [but usually before] as thats the guidlines they have been given..someone said to me if anything was wrong i would know in days but i dont know whether thats true or not... still thats 10 days now and heard nothing so not sure if thats good or bad x

Thread Information