Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waking up every couple of hours.

Waking up every couple of hours.

Since Friday night, I've been going to bed every night at roughly midnight, and waking at roughly 2am and 4am. I don't struggle to get back to sleep at 2 but by 4 I've been resting for a while and it can be hard to go back to sleep. I then "doze" until around 7 when I give up and get up. I remember I had a dream last night so I have had some REM sleep.

I think it's probably related to my stress/anxiety but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms? Quite worried it might be some horrible sleeping disorder.

Re: Waking up every couple of hours.

Hey worried,

I get this alot and have copped it for a few years now, on and off.
    The thing is im kinda a light sleeper and need a completely dark room with no noise. Also i find if i dont drink too many fluid leading up to sleep, say 3 -4 hours, i tend to sleep better.

I have had very poor sleep since my anxiety started. The doctor says that everyone wakes up about once every couple of hours then falls back to sleep again. Most people do not even know they have woken up at all. When you have anxiety you become more aware of the times you wake up and find it harder to fall back to sleep again. Try to just accept it and not worry about it, go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning if you can it helps.

yah i always have rem sleep since my anxiety started........i dont feel refreshed..i hate it......any advice????

All sounds like typical anxiety. Mine did get worse though when I started getting depressed, but improved greatly after being on anti-depressants for a few weeks. Might be worth seeing the doctor if you feel you could be depressed.

Tyke

Im exactly the same. Before I started with anxiety 5 years ago I would have a good 6 hours sleep but now I wake up about 4 times during the night.
    Dont know if anyone else is the same but most mornings I wake up and I feel mentally and physically shattered.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Quote Originally Posted by worried91 View Post
    Since Friday night, I've been going to bed every night at roughly midnight, and waking at roughly 2am and 4am. I don't struggle to get back to sleep at 2 but by 4 I've been resting for a while and it can be hard to go back to sleep. I then "doze" until around 7 when I give up and get up. I remember I had a dream last night so I have had some REM sleep.

I could have wrote that myself . Last night the 4 am wake up was the last time i slept so had to get up at 5 am . Knackered now , i,m sure its the citralapram i,m on .

Hi,

I'm exactly the same at the moment, I woke up at 2am this morning, and have just been catching the odd bit of sleep through the rest of the night - its exhausting because you wake up feeling that you haven't slept at all.

I've tried including food in my diet that is meant to have a calming and slightly sedative effect because of the trytophan, foods like banana's, turkey and milk. Apparently it can help to have good 'sleep hygiene' which just means that you don't have a tv, radio etc in your bedroom but if I'm honest none of it seems to be having that much impact at the moment - if you find something that works for you, let me know!

xx

I know what doesn,t work , alcohol It used to knock me out , just a few beers , not now it keeps me even more awake . Only thing that works is a 2 mg of diazapam , but the doc only gives me 14 per month and i don,t really like takeing them anymore anyway .

Theres some good bi nural beats on utube which work quite well , i,ll post up some links hang on !!....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twm1c...eature=related

Another one with a bit of info ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fElHoeTbNG8

If you google binuaral beats and delta waves it makes interesting reading on how listening to this stuff helps relax you and sleep better . I,m not usually into this sort of stuff but it has worked for me a little bit , but you need good stereo headphones.....hope this might help someone .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information