sassy,

I have a son who is 13 yrs old. I just went to two meetings at his school about this very same subject. Believe me, there are loads of predators out there posing as teens, you were dead on target doing what you did for your daughter! If there were alarms bells going off in your head that he didn't sound right then it wasn't right. Always listen to your intuition. It's usually correct. According to the information I received you have done the best three things you can possibly do: 1) you talk to your daughter, communication is the key; 2) the computer is in a safe open area; and 3) you record her conversations. I also think keeping and rechecking her msn list is a good idea as her friends can give out her e-mail addy to others who she doesn't know and it just goes on and on. I would definately tell your daughters friend's parents about her situation. She is putting her life in danger, literally. I would also hide that web cam permanently. You are doing everything correctly to protect your daughter. Great job!

Bel