Thread: eye floaters

eye floaters

hello i was wondering if anyone else suffers from eye floaters. Ive always had them like a hair in my eye floating up and down and clumps. You can see them outside They didnt bother me as much, until i saw the optitions. Now they are driving me mad and im really upset about them. I feel scared and terrified that i will have to put up with them for the rest of my life They are ugly to look at and if im talking to someone they come floating in there face. I went to the opt because i was seeing black spots now have the added problem of seeing them now. Im scared to go out now in the bright sunlight, and find it hard to work with them in my eyes.
    I told the nurse that they had got worse, and she said keep an eye on them before you come back to the optitions in August. The fact she said keep an eye on them says it all as ive got no choice. Has anyone felt like me as all i want to do is hide in the house.
    Hope to be hearing from other members.
    take care sharon.

Hi sharon mccalla

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: eye floaters

Welcome!
    There are many thread about floaters here. It is a common complaint among anxiety sufferers because high stress levels cause you to become hyper aware of little things like floaters. You could be unfortunate and have them right over your focusing point like me D:
    When you forget they are there you won't see them though, try not to look at them. Have a look at the other threads about floaters too. That nurse made a rather evil joke ther didn't she - "keep an eye on them" - good greif its hard not to isn't it! Don't worry about her saying that, its probably just precautionary. Its only serious if you are suddenly blinded by floaters, which is not going to happen.
    You will stop noticing them after a while, I promise.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I also have 2 floaters in one of my eyes and although they did get on my nerves at first when i was told that they were not uncommon and were not going to hirt me and i was stuck with them i just lurnt to ignore them and now they are not a problem at all unless i start obsessing about them.

I have had floaters since i was about 16. They are harmless bits of jelly that float behind the eye basically. Nothing to worry about at all. Hope this helps you hun x

Can't remember the full medical term, but it possibly may be migraine without the pain. My Dad had the condition and it took years before he got a true diagnosis. I get floaters too just before a migraine and also when I'm feeling low or stressed.

Hey i have had these floater things in both eyes since 1996 i was worried sick when i 1st got them but my doctor and my optician told me there are common most of the time they dont bug me to much i see them more in bright sunlight so your not alone mine looks like a hair line and a small blob half way down the line if you know what i mean i was given same advice at the time. just keep an eye on em

thanks for all your replies i really appreciate it at this hard tim. I do try and ignore them i promise, then they remind me that they are there. I will see how it goes and wait till i see the optition again and take it from there thanks everyonex

I have had floaters for years (in the eyes, in the eyes!) and its one of the few things I don't worry about as my optometrist was really good calming me down and saying it was completely normal.

Thread Information