This is awful. I can't believe I'm posting here again. I feel like I'm bouncing from one symptom to another right now and there's no break in between.

I was eating dinner tonight and was chewing my food, with my mouth closed, and was about to swallow when my throat seemed to convulse. It was a bit like a gag reflex, I think, trying to stop the food from going down, but it felt like my throat muscles all just convulsed and it was the most horrible feeling. It also made a horrible 'gulping' noise.

Anyway, after that happened, I managed to carry on eating and get the rest of my meal down okay. But my throat feels really weird now - all sore and dry and almost like there's a small lump in it. I can breathe okay, but it doesn't feel right. I've drunk water to try to help it, but now I have a weird taste in my mouth and my mouth doesn't feel right either. The back of my throat feels hot and burning (like I'm breathing out and hot air is coming up my throat into my mouth), my tongue feels tingly and my whole mouth just feels dry and hot.

Could I have accidentally damaged my throat in some way? Why does my throat feel so hot? Has anyone experienced this 'convulsion' thing before? Anything I can do to make this feel better?

Please help!