Thread: Blood Clot????

Unhappy Blood Clot????

I'm forever worried about some illness or another but right now I'm really concerned about blood clots. I keep getting a pain in my thigh and have got it in my head it's a blood clot.
    In 2008 my Dad had a blood clot and some of it broke off and went to his lungs causing a pulmonary embolism and he passed away. I'm so scared this will happen to me, I'm only 25 and have an almost 2 year old daughter so obviously I'm not ready to go anywhere I'm just so scared. I'm overweight which makesme feel worse but obviously when I get depressed the vicious cycle of eating begins. Just gets me down

Re: Blood Clot????

Alix - pain from blood clots is constant so would be there all the time. My mother had a huge clot from her knee to up into her pelvis due to taking tamoxifen for breast cancer and she was in alot of pain and her thigh was very swollen. She was also a very heavy smoker and got zero exercise.

If you go to the drs with this then why don't you also explain your fear due to your father and they can arrange blood tests to reassure you that you do not have any of the conditions that make you more prone to blood clots. I am absolutely sure you will not have any of these conditions but I am thinking that every time you get any pain in your limbs you will be freaking out because of your dad.

Thread Information