Thread: My story with PCOS, Anxiety, and birth control.

My story with PCOS, Anxiety, and birth control.

I will try to make this short. I just hope this helps someone.

When I was 16 (I am now 32), I was told I needed to go on the pill to make my periods regular. Blood clots and heart disease ran in my family, but they still insisted. I was on it until I was 28. I went off of it for a couple of years and only had two periods in one year and kept having cysts rupture causing me great pain. At the age of 30 they put me back on birth control. About a year and a half after that I started having panic attacks bad. I thought I was dieing. I started doing research and found that by changing my diet I might be able to stop my panic attacks. I gave up smoking, drinking, refined white flour, and refined sugar. I went on the GI diet. I also did some reading on birth control and anxiety/depression. I decided to stop birth control also. The first few months on the diet I did not feel better. Then around the third month I felt a little better, not to mention I had lost 30 pounds! I then went off of birth control and now I am on month 5 of the diet and month 2 off birth control. I just had my second period, on my own!!!!!!! I am so happy. I miss sugar, but I don't miss panic attacks and having cysts rupture on my ovaries. I feel better everyday! I also do yoga about three times a week.

I thought I would share my story. Thanks for reading. Please e-mail me if you have any questions.

Kelly

Kelly

Im so pleased for you, you made the effort and sorted it all out on your own. You have found a cure not just for panic but all your other problems as well. I am so pleased for you, by the way you will find that you will soon find that sugary things are to sweet for you.

Keith

Hey Kelly

I just wanted to congratulate you!!!!

Love Pinky

Lovely to hear you news Kelly

Well done

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints