Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed ATOS medical, next steps, please help

Re: Failed ATOS medical, next steps, please help

Quote Originally Posted by anybody View Post
    thanks bruno

yes, appeal not resolved, decision not revised, now back to square one, filling in questionnaire and looking at going for another medical, no reason given, i asked for
    a statement of reasons why this is happening, have recieved nothing.

yes, i havnt signed anything from solicitor yet, or recieved anything from them.
    im not even sure i want a solicitor, im fine with appealing myself and just dealing
    with it.

ill check out DLA once ive done this ESA questionnaire. Sigh. Feel so depressed now
    as im starting it.
    The first thing that strikes me is how can anyone be expected to start again with the form and possible repeat medical when they already have an appeal in progress...

I assume you wrote to the Jobcentre plus asking what has happened to your appeal...not to ATOS? did you post it with a normal stamp or send where a signaure on delivery is needed, I wondering if they have mislaid of even lost it.

Its very unsatisfactory to ask you to start again without giving any reasons.

You may prefer to start again and maybe add some information to the form which gives your case more weight? I know it must be a strain on you but I feel you can get through this and I will try my best to advise, I'm having trouble with them myself although I think I'm a bit older than you and had a lot of experience now so I can take the right steps and be just in front...I hope

I'll keep watching and thinking about your situation.

J.

atos admitted that the medical was not up to standard via letter, therefore the scoring is wrong, therefore the DM thought start again. CAB and solicitor both said they can do this, and to just do what they say and re-do the questionnaire and go to another medical.

i called jobcentre, they said they have never come across my situation, but did
    say the appeal is still ongoing.

yes ill be adding more info, so draining, it actually makes me feel worse this process.

thanks for the help, much appreciated.

You are welcome ..I just hope I give good advice, make sure you send the form back by first class recorded delivery and obtain a receipt from the post office, it has a 13 digit tracking number (barcode) you can check when it has been delivered and should see the signature online at royalmail.com can take a few days to go through the computer system at RM, also take note of the date it is due back so in good time, I have had letters take 4 working days if the weekend is coming up, I sent the last one on Tuesday the 18th and it was delivered today the 20th.

Here's a link to the tracking page you need.

http://www2.royalmail.com/track-trac...authentication
    J.

recorded delivery is the most expensive one? or is that special delivery?
    theres one that costs like £5+ and another one that is about £1
    i normally go for the cheaper one, where they give you a receipt as proof of postage.

I normally use recorded its £1-£2 as they check the weight and also the size of the envelope, did ATOS send a large white one...they sent me one of those...I didn't send my form back of course...don't know if you knew that... ...you can get a guide to postage rates and sizes of envelopes which can affect the cost..give me a few minutes and I'll check mine for you and let you know what it should cost.

Special Delivery is over £5 so don't use that...unless it needs to be there the day after, its guaranteed to get to the address by 1pm the following day though.

Back shortly...

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

OK, a first class recorded cost is £1.23 up to 100g and the envelope no bigger than 240mm x 165mm x 5mm thick, fold it up and use a smaller one, about 20p for a brown one at the PO, they send me dirty brown envelopes so why not do the same!

ATOS sent me a large envelope with postage already paid...I'd send it recorded so they can't say they didn't receive it as I have the proof, wouldn't trust them to organize a wine tasting event in an off licence...no one would remember to bring a corkscrew...

Anyone get the feeling I don't like ATOS? !

Take care and don't let them get you down

J.

ESA50 questionnaire has been changed, its shorter now, like 7 pages! some questions combined with others, some missing
    all together, rewording all over. (im comparing it to last years).

Quote Originally Posted by anybody View Post
    thanks.
    shall i wait for report to come before asking for appeal?
    is this the same report the jobcentre are sending me? i called jobcentre for it.
    but my letter says "you will get further letter explaining how they made decision".

how did your appeal work? did you have to go somewhere and a group of people challenged you in person? or is it all in writing?

thanks.
    no dont wait you only have a month to bang a appeal in
    ask for your med report and ask for a SOR
    pm me when your on next i help you the best i can
    dont give up
    god bless

london: thanks...but thats old news, did the appeal etc.
    now doing the questionnaire again, back to square one. lol
    i explained in my newer post im sure.

oh dear me hehe

got letter from job centre, after i requested an explanation, it says
    medical report not correctly done so not valid to use to revise decision.
    so to do it correctly now another assessment referral has been made.
    so i need to do the ESA50 again, also saying that the original one was done many
    many months ago, so an up to date one would be more suitable. And on and on the
    process goes...

so basically they didnt feel the need to tell me whats going on or explain.
    I had to ask them for explanation.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information