Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Failed ATOS medical, next steps, please help

Re: Failed ATOS medical, next steps, please help

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me! It was the medical report not the questionnaire that they have said was wrong.

Personally I'd kick up a right fuss with the appeals section over that, but if you don't mind filling it in again then that may be easiest.

I think I've said this before, but I would be wary of writing anything too different from your original questionnaire. Perhaps say how things have been worse (if they have) yes but I would ignore things have have been a bit better.

The reason I say this is because when I last met with my benefits adviser I told him that some things had been better and some things had been worse. He stressed that I shouldn't highlight the things that have been better (or even how things have changed necessarily) because a) my condition is ongoing and a few weeks or months doesn't make those aspects of my condition cured and b) because they will try to hook into any small thing they can. The key thing really is an ongoing condition.

This guy knows me very well indeed by the way, and rates me at least 30 on the points scale (I could get much more I reckon if he had time to really dip into my case).

All the best, and please continue to let us know how you get on

the fact to face medical was the problem on their part.
    i asked if i could just resubmit the old questionnaire, they didnt know what to say,
    then they said no, i have to do it all over again.
    yes ive copied most of the old one, with added detail and update. nothing is better, i feel the same if not worse.

thanks

Sorry to hear you're feeling worse my friend :(

But you're doing all the right things I think, and have shown great strength in what has been an incredibly unfair and difficult situation - all credit to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by eight days a week View Post
    Sorry to hear you're feeling worse my friend :(

But you're doing all the right things I think, and have shown great strength in what has been an incredibly unfair and difficult situation - all credit to you!!
    thanks....sigh...god i feel 100% depressed after having spent two full days doing this questionnaire (after having it on my mind for several weeks putting it off). can barely move.

Hi anybody,

sorry you're not feeling so good, I'm not either. I know how it is but you can fill the form in you've done it before and its not your fault they messed up

take your time and get it right you'll be fine

we are here to support you so keep talking on here and we'll listen

when is the form due to be back?
    J.

hi again, went for the second medical, scored 0 again.
    what was annoying was that it was shorter and less thorough from the 1st medical,
    and all my conditions/problems were not asked about in medical, almost like lots
    of stuff was missed out in thier questoinning. the reason they did the 2nd medical
    was that the 1st one was not accurate (they addmitted).

so now will request report and reasons for decision, ask them to reconsider,
    then appeal if necessary.

unsure what they are asking or the process.
    "you will get further letter explaining how decision made"
    call to ask for written statemenet of reasons.
    write to ask for reconsideration. (but wait for medical report before doing this?)
    then appeal...
    write to ask for face to face assessment report.
    if you ask for written explanation BEFORE you ask for written statement of reasons, the month deadline is not extended.

thanks.

Doctor charges £40 for letter to support an ESA appeal, but says if go to CAB, tell CAB to tell doctor to do this, then there is no charge to me.

But letter from doctor to Council to support a housing benefit decision, i have to pay?
    or is there help i can get to cover cost? eg welfare rights or legal aid?

Quote Originally Posted by anybody View Post
    Doctor charges £40 for letter to support an ESA appeal, but says if go to CAB, tell CAB to tell doctor to do this, then there is no charge to me.

But letter from doctor to Council to support a housing benefit decision, i have to pay?
    or is there help i can get to cover cost? eg welfare rights or legal aid?
    It sounds to me like your best bet is to ask all that when you see the CAB as you're going anyway.

But hopefully someone with experience can come on here and maybe give you their experience

I forget anybody (sorry) are you in touch with your local benefits adviser? Mine is in direct contact with my psychiatrist, so he arranges the supporting evidence for me (a letter) and it's free through him.

If you're in Kent PM me and I'll tell you who mine is. He's based at the social services office so maybe you can phone your local office and ask to speak to the benefits adviser? Or if you are in touch with your local mental health team you could ask them.

Failing that, like I said, the CAB should know.

All the best to you
    Last edited by eight days a week; 27-02-12 at 20:02.

i

I was on ESA middle rate £94. Had an assesment and was told I scored zero too. I'm waiting for my appeal and am now on £67 a week. Really hard to live on but I survive. I just wonder if I will go back to £94 after being on £67 for 13 weeks. Doctor keeps signing me off as I'm not ready for hunting for jobs. I never received a detailed reason though as to why I failed. Anyone got advice on this?

Re: i

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy head View Post
    I was on ESA middle rate £94. Had an assesment and was told I scored zero too. I'm waiting for my appeal and am now on £67 a week. Really hard to live on but I survive. I just wonder if I will go back to £94 after being on £67 for 13 weeks. Doctor keeps signing me off as I'm not ready for hunting for jobs. I never received a detailed reason though as to why I failed. Anyone got advice on this?
    ive been on £67 assessment rate for over a year.
    ring jobcentre and ask for medical report and statement of reasons.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eight days a week View Post
    It sounds to me like your best bet is to ask all that when you see the CAB as you're going anyway.

But hopefully someone with experience can come on here and maybe give you their experience

I forget anybody (sorry) are you in touch with your local benefits adviser? Mine is indirect contact with my psychiatrist, so he arranges the supporting evidence for me (a letter) and it's free through him.

If you're in Kent PM me and I'll tell you who mine is. He's based at the social services office so maybe you can phone your local office and ask to speak to the benefits adviser? Or if you are in touch with your local mental health team you could ask them.

Failing that, like I said, the CAB should know.

All the best to you
    thankyou
    no idea what a local benefits advisor is.
    Im going to go to another CAB office this week.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information