Thread: Can u???

Can u???

Can anxiety stay with you 24/7 and feel tthe symptoms always? at the moment i feel very fluey and it is taking my mind off my other symptoms but at the same time i still know they are there. The fluey feeling makes my anxiety worse

because my glands are swollen i think THROAT CANCER
    because under my arms my glands hurt i think BREAST CANCER
    because my head hurts i think BLOOD CLOT OR TUMOURS

i hope i DO JUST HAVE HE FLU and nothning seriuos, because one day i wana look back on all this and laugh (if u know what i mean)

Thanks for reading x

Hi Kate,

You can have anxiety 24/7 if you are still scared and bewildered by how you feel. You need to get to the point where you say, " hey I feel anxious today but it's fine" Not easy I know but the more you learn about your condition the less the worry cycle continuous, this in turn gives your body the time and space to start recovering.
    The more I learnt about the whole subject the less the symptoms bothered me; they were just a little nuisance in the background.
    That is the key, to accept the way you feel for the time being and carry on your day with the feelings in the background, paying them as little respect as possible, your symptoms rely on your fear of them to exist.
    The thoughts you have about your condition i.e is this worse than just anxiety, is just a habit. We always tend to think the worst in our present condition. These are just thoughts exaggerated through your anxiety, they are not important and come with less force in time, pay them no respect for the time being

Take care

Paul

hi katy,

yes you can stay anxious all the time, most people use the term GAD, general anxiety disorder, to describe it. im sure you'll be able to find some old posts and information about it on the site.

hopefully your flu will clear up soon.

you will look back and laugh, tc .. andrew

Hi Katy, I'm just starting with the flu too, but the anxiety is always with me 24/7. My throat is really sore & my eyes are so heavy I could just go to sleep but I've dragged myself in work as the elections are looming on me and I'm so busy, but it takes my mind of my symptoms, apart from the heart twinges, I really can't cope with them. When I get them I come on here. I can't wait for the day when I can look back on it and laugh I tell ya!!

Take care & hope you feel better soon.

Les, xx

Hi Katy,

Have you ever tried CBT for your anxiety? Just a thought.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hello Katyf

I have been told by my phsycologist that a "panic attack", a dump of adrenalin in your body and the effects of that dump can last for a maximum of 40 mins - she tells me it's a scientific fact.

Wright or wrong I don't know but I find it reassuring - if feel anxious most of the time btu it's nice to know the intense panic will pass -

Sarahliz

x

Thread Information