Thread: Question on Dosage...

Question on Dosage...

8 years ago I suffered horrible anxiety and depression. I went on Celexa (Cit) and it literally saved my life. After a year on the drug, I weaned myself down to 10mg and stayed at that dose for 7 years. After a recent health scare, the anxiety and depression started to creep back... my doctor upped me to 40mg right away... It has now been 5 weeks, and while the worst of the s.e. is over, I still have the "spacey" clumsy feeling... Mood wise, I am doing much better on the increased dosage. Anxiety, still have blips - mostly work related... but still doing better...

I've considered going down to 30 for a week to see if that helps.. 10 straight to 40 was a jump, but after 8 years of taking it my doc figured my body was used to it...

Thanks in advance for your comments.. one other note.. If you are sitting at home anxiously researching this medicine, know that it has literally helped MILLIONS of people get on with their lives. Yes, there is a chance it may not help, and yes there will be some unpleasant side-effects (hence my post) - but know that you not alone.. millions of people have felt exactly as you are now... and millions have gotten better...

Re: Question on Dosage...

Thank you for those words. Sorry no one has replied to you but thanks. : )

Thanks for your reply! Hang in there...

I find that exercise and progressive muscle relaxation helps... (especially for sleep)

Remember that cit/celxa is one piece of the puzzle to make you feel better... Having a positive attitude, eating better, exercise, stopping the "what-ifs" in your head, therapy, etc... ALL of these things will help you...

I would go back and discuss this with your doctor as only they know your history and the way in which you have previously reacted to your medications. On a personal note I found a low dose Citalopram 10mg a life saver when my panic anxiety was at its worst, and I also feel this dose lifted me out of mild depression. Best wishes.

Vx

Perfect description of the 'puzzle' and it's pieces.

Been taking 10mg of citalopram the last 3 months after being on 20mg for 9 months prior. Physically the 10mg feels nicer and it's reassuring to know you've still got the option to increase again if you're not sure if you are ready to come off them completely as I don't. I'm not sure how helpful 10mg is especially if the simmering anxiety is still there.

Best wishes to you.

Thread Information