Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: some more steps taken

Bobsy

Glad you are getting away and I hope it goes well for you.

Nicola

Hi all

Just to let you know things are still on the up. I am now going to try to walk home from work on my own. I can walk there ok but somehow i find the thought of coming home very hard. anyway this is the week that was!!!

i am going to tell my other half which way i am walking home and ask him to meet me somewhere along the way home.

Another think i would like to ask is "When i arrange to meet people and they are late that is when i start to feel anxious and panic" cant seem to make sense of this has anybody any suggestions.

Anyway I had another counselling session the other day and she sat in the park near my home and i had to walk round on my own. I did it. It took me about 12 mins. Felt slight anxiety but no panic. I had to do it again today on my own with other half at home and guess wot I did it again and i quite enjoyed it. This is my homework for the next few weeks I have to try to do it most days. The dog thinks it is his birthday!!

As I say things are looking up but ive still a long way to go. Will let you know how my walks home from work go.

Love bobsy

Winners never Quit and Quitters Never Win

Well done bobsy!Keep up the good work.It could only mean your on the up and getting yourself out of this hole at last.xxx

Very well done. I'm sure you will do fine on the walk back. Think of nice things!

Cheers,
    Trev

It's going grand mate - catch you soon!!!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Guys

thanks for all your kind replies.

Well yesterday i tried to walk home in the pouring down rain with brolly in hand. arranged with my other half which way i would be walking and for him to meet me somewhere along the way but not to arrange an exact place. Anyway i got most of the way home about 4 mins to go and he was no where to be seen. I felt ok so i rang him to say whereever you are dont bother coming any further as i could manage to walk the rest of the way home but as i was ringing him he drove up along side me from the opposite way to which i was walking. you no wot i was ok on the walk.

anyway tried it again tonight but not feeling too clever but i was adament i was going to do it and was disappointed when i could see him down the road waiting for me. tomorrow im gonna ask him to stay out of sight.

just a quick update as i have to go and pick my son up from running - on my own wish me luck I'll keep you all updated for the rest of the week on my walks home from work.

love bobsy[8D]

Winners never Quit and Quitters never Win

sorry just another little something before i go. I still need the back up of my other half even if just on the end of a phone. when do you think i will be able to go to work on my own and back without any back up at home or otherwise.

thanks

bobsy

I would wait until you feel really confident with each little stage Bobs and then move onto the next one - it doesnt matter how long this takes!!!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Bobsy,

Just wanted to say you're doing really well,

I can understand what you mean about walking alone, it will get easier the more you do it.

Take Care,

Heather

Its me again,

will i've been doing my walks home with other half meeting me half way point and have been ok.

Today i walked into town with my sis and then she left me to go to work while i had a wonder in town before going to the hairdressers. Guess wot - i went a way that i normally walk the other way - (so i went round the opposite way than normal) - if you no wot i mean! anyway i was fine and was dead proud of myself.

tonight just now ive been stalking my local park. As i've said in the above post i was fine the other morning walking round but tonight i was very anxious had to do counting breathing and really challenge my thoughts as i was going to turn back but then i thought if i do i'm defeating the object in not learning to control the panics and i'm running away. well i'm pleased to say i carried on and the anxiety went so i can do it. I even carried on for an extra 10 mins in a place where i no i can walk. i have a blister now (its no good i'll have to get some proper shoes high heels are no good lol)

my problem now is that now i've had anxiety in that place i'm dreading going again in case it happens again. why can't i think WOW I HAD ANXIETY AT THIS PLACE BEFORE AND I JFDI insteading of thinking OMG I'M AT THAT PLACE AGAIN I MAY START GETTING ANXIOUS AGAIN. I no i need to go again pretty soon but i am not looking forward to it. I was looking forward to it tonight when i went as the other day i was perfectly fine.

DOES NOT SEEM TO MAKE SENSE DOES IT ONE DAY FINE THE OTHER RUBBISH.

Anyway im rambling on

look forward to hearing from you all

love

bobsy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information