Thread: help !!! in pain for 11 days now !!!

help !!! in pain for 11 days now !!!

Been told the most likely explanation for my stomach problems is ibs but having ha i just can't believe it !!! sometimes i feel so awful convinced it must be something worse !!! been having problems for the past year to a greater or lesser extent. at the moment i have had stomach pain and cramps off and on for the past eleven days !!! i can't stop worrying to the point i can barely function and its driving me mad. i've also got pain in my left buttock, leg and hip which comes and goes and a sharp stabbing pain in my pubic bone. alternating between constipation and diahrea and feeling like i need to go all the time plus mucus and lots of stomach gurgling. have got a lot of worries at the moment. could this be making it worse? just looking for some advice and reassurance really
    thanks in advance
    tracey x

Re: help !!! in pain for 11 days now !!!

yes if you worry the pain gets worse i am like that at the moment too.

Hi Tracey

Sorry to hear you're suffering again - I can get humungous pain with my IBS when it's bad. It's been a bit dodgy the last few days as it's the wrong time of the month, which always makes it worse for me. When I was having that really bad bout of it at the end of last year, I think I had constant pain for about 7-8 weeks and I really thought I was stuck with it for ever.

Anxiety definitely makes it worse for me, so I bet it's having an effect on you as well.

xx

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
    Been told the most likely explanation for my stomach problems is ibs but having ha i just can't believe it !!! sometimes i feel so awful convinced it must be something worse !!! been having problems for the past year to a greater or lesser extent. at the moment i have had stomach pain and cramps off and on for the past eleven days !!! i can't stop worrying to the point i can barely function and its driving me mad. i've also got pain in my left buttock, leg and hip which comes and goes and a sharp stabbing pain in my pubic bone. alternating between constipation and diahrea and feeling like i need to go all the time plus mucus and lots of stomach gurgling. have got a lot of worries at the moment. could this be making it worse? just looking for some advice and reassurance really
    thanks in advance
    tracey x
    I've been suffering bad the past few days with my stomach not as in pains everyday but swelling (look 9months pregnant) nausea / headaches / pains mainly in left side feel like a bad stitch / bad (smelly) wind and the doc puts it all down to IBS when am like u just keep thinking its something much worse I've got the docs again at 3.40pm today as I just can't eat this nausea is horrible I have had so many tests / Xrays / ultrasounds / examinations etc all came back clear but I just can't cope anymore with it :(

Hi

I have been suffering too. Nearly 3 weeks now and I have abdominal pain, bloating, wind, toilet urgency in the morning and feeling of incomplete BM all the time. This is my 5th bout of IBS in 5 years and it is always the same and can last weeks, sometimes months!!!

I have been to the doctors again this wek and they have done the usual, felt tummy, blood tests, urine tests etc.. I have had all the scans and scopes in the past and nothing is there. I have been given Meberverine and Colpermin which helps a little.

I am going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow with my family and am dreading this ruining things as it is always at the forfront of my mind!! I take lots of comfort reading past posts of mine written 2 years ago (almost to the day) and 18 months ago where I have listed exactly the same problems and they did eventually go!!

It is hard to believe that something that is a functional disorder, ie: is not visibly physical, can be so overwelmingly painful and disruptive. It is a horrible condition but many of us on here suffer from it and we can help eachother out. Please PM me if you need to and I do hope you are on the mend soon.

thanks for your replies. i'me sure the frustration just adds to it !!!
    hope things soon calm down a bit. my 18 year old nephew joined the army this week and i've been worrying about him and think maybe that has brought it on again. oh well what can you do
    thanx
    tracey x

have you tryed buscopan ? they help me or peppermint tabs " mind they do make you bum sting :( " or my doc gave me amitriptyline 10mg 1 a day they helped massively for me but make my heart beat race more , hope that helps

Hi rosebud do you sometimes have runs and constipation in the same day ive been passing little bits in the morning but then about an hour after my lunch i get runs just the one time and its very noisy and i tried to go a while since and all it was was wind and clear mucus do you ever get that
    thanks jayne x

Hi Bronte. Yes definately do. I can have constipation and diarhea in one sitting !!! I can go perfectly normally when i first get up and when i have to go again its diarhea which can be quite noisy and explosive with all the wind :( also yes i do get mucus when passing wind which i find quite worrying. i just get so sick of it all it has taken over my life :(
    Take care
    Tracey x

Hi,

When I have a bad episode of my IBS I tend to get that sharp pain also, feel really ill and get really bad stomach pains. I think it is trapped wind that causes the sharp pains.

I cut wheat out of my diet and things have really improved since.

Thread Information