Thread: Too fast of heart rate when exercising?

Too fast of heart rate when exercising?

Does anyone know..I am wanting to exercise but afraid to go to far.
    My heart rate is increasing because I am watching for it so I really don't know if I am in shape or not.
    I want to bike ride but I am afraid to go up hill and have my heart go through the roof. Will I have something bad happen to my heart if I do go to high. I don't have anyway of checking my heart rate being up a hill. If I could get over the worried my heart rate will get to high, the better I can fight anxiety.( I hope).

Please if anyone can relate or enlighten me.

TT

TT

you could use a heart rate monitor if you really wanted to make sure that you were within your zone but really thats not necessary.When you exercise you should be aiming to push yourself to the level where you can still speak but not really hold a full blown conversation.If you are just starting out i suggest that you search online for a begginers guide to what ever form of exercise you are aiming for and follow that, that way you will be doing it in a sensible way and you will work your fitness level up safely, nothing will happen to you if you trust your body and what it tells you, your recovery time will also help you guage your levelof improvement.
    hope this helps

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Hiya darling
    Exercise in moderation is exceptional good for you, it lifts your spirit and makes us stronger, helping us to fight of any viral illness that may come along, i see nothink but good health to come from execise..it also releases endoufines(spell check) which makes us happy..its good for the brain..so why not, dont be frightened of your heart rate going up this is natural.. and it will make your heart stronger too... but always have a little check up with your doctor before going in for intensive exercise .. just to double check everything is how it should be..of which im sure it is.

ashleyx

Yeah I agree exercise has to be a good thing, it is normal for the heart rate to speed up considerably, it can sometimes get as high as 200 beats per min under heavy exercise. Exercise helps to regulate blood pressure and get the blood pumping round.

I played golf today which involved lots of hill walking, felt quite tired at times but it was great getting in the fresh air and felt nice and relaxed afterwards. I used to get very breathless which used to worry me but now my body seems to have adapted and become fitter.

thanks,
    I just have to get to the breathless and not worr part.

TT

TT

Thread Information