Thread: Luton Airport toilets - anyone?

Luton Airport toilets - anyone?

I know this is a silly request but I am worrying...
    I am flying from Luton Airport next week and I have never flown from there before. I have been reading reviews about it being run down and budget on the net. But I am worrying about the toilets - does anyone know if the cubicles are completely closed in - ie no gap at the top or bottom.

I was locked in a cubicle in Italy once on my last call to board the flight - the lock had jammed and what a panic - now it plays on my mind.

Thank you

Re: Luton Airport toilets - anyone?

Hi there, never flown from Luton, I have from all the others through, i'm pretty sure they are gonna be fine, I don't think u have anything to worry about, I can only speak about the airports I've been too and I don't think u will get locked in a cubicle. Hope that helps

Hi,

I have flown several times from Luton and I am not sure where those reviewers are coming from as it most definitely IS NOT run down, in fact it wasn't that long ago that the departure lounge had a massive revamp and it looks great now.

They sound like a bunch of Heathrow snobs, and I wouldn't pay it any mind. I much prefer it to the likes of Heathrow and Gatwick as it runs much, much smoother as it is so much smaller.

To be honest hun I can't positively remember if the cubicles are filled in or not, but from what I recall I think they have a gap at the bottom. That was so unlucky for you to get trapped like that and no wonder you are wary now.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.xxx

don;t lock it, just put a bag up against the door
    Luckily the cubical I got locked in to, was open topped so I could climb out lol

Thanks all for your replies... not so sure about putting bag against door due to my OCD around toilets. Although I could put a plastic bag over my hand luggage...

Ambers, I have major OCD and public toilets are the worst, however most have a gap. In fact I don't think I have ever been to one that doesn't, although it sounds as if the one in Italy didn't. However, the chance that would happen twice to you is so unlikely that I would try not to worry about it, and also there are always people around so if it did then I am sure that they would be able to get you out in a jiffy. as I think there is a little key thing that they use from the outside (just in case kids lock themselves in). Also the disabled toilet always has more room, although they can be a bit higher which makes the 'squatting over' a little more of a challenge.

I would definitely lock it though as I wouldn't trust a bag, especially if there are children around pushing on doors. Another option would be to have a friend hold the door to for you.

Why don't you try the lock before you close the door. If it feels a little stiff then move to another cubicle?

Have a safe trip.

Rachel - here's the weird thing... I will try the lock and i will turn it 5 times over. Even an easy locking device I still feel uneasy. I have to record in my brain how it turns and which way it turns and I have to replay that over and over in my head (yes i know they all turn one way). I then have to watch the lock whilst um using the loo.. The ones on the plane I will not use!!! i get all confused and the simplest tasks of finding where to get the toilet roll becomes a mountain.

The one in italy had no gaps.. but that didn't cause my panic, it was already bubbling away in the background but the experience confirmed my loo fear lol

know exactly what you are saying about checking and rechecking lock .........and still not processing that information in your head .

I never lock loo doors and use my foot to block it .........but am tall .
    anyone who tries loo door when ajar will go Ambers when you say in use .
    have good trip

Thread Information