Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant catch breath

cant catch breath

I'm having the problem I had once before, only I've had it almost constantly since last night - constantly feel I need to take a deep breath. I think Claire Weekes referrred to it in her book when she said people get it and walk around sighing a lot, does anyone else get this?

Anxiety Is Evil

yes she does and i get it often. you are overbreathing, hyperventilating. a book by dinah bradley called the hyperventilation syndrome reccomended to me by lisa is a great read and explains it exactly.

many people who suffer anxiety and panic suffer it alot and i t explains alot of symptoms. im constantly being told by my mate marcia who suffers from it too that it cannot harm you

your not alone with this one, id reccomend the book

jackie

hey,

No I dont get shorness of breath.
    I get a tight chest and then am focused on my breathing to check
    i am not struggling to breath......jesus I am nuts!!!

I have just ordered that Claire Weeks book as so many people on this site are talking about it....is it any good?

Keep smiling......

Hay x

I am feeling this. I first feel like it is my stomach and then I begin feeling breathless. I then begin trying to deep breath and not always can. When I yawn I feel that is the breath I need.
    It worries my sick thinking all sorts of silly thoughts.

Is this what you feel?

TT;

TT

YES!!!! Thats it, like yawning relieves it. I am seeing the doc tomorrow and will let you know what advice I get. (I know they are sick of me round there, but hey, I pay my taxes

Anxiety Is Evil

Some thing that helps me over come this same issues is to go out side every morning if you can for the freashest air or at any time you need to and just breath out all your air in your lung's till it hurts and hold for as long as you can then slowly breath as much air as you can in and hold for as long as you can. do this as many times as you can but take it slow as it can make you feel dizzy some time when your getrting use it .

What this dose is help your body get rid of as much bad air and as posiable and then holding your air in help you lungs retain the oxygen better. I found this helped me heap's. It help stregthen you lungs as well which is also a bonus. But I had cronic yawning issues at one time I also found I had low iron as well.

I hope this help's

At last people who understand thats exactly how I feel that the deep breath you get when yawning feels satisfying unlike all the other breaths that you try to take and feel like you cant.!!

I am so glad I found this site!
    Caroline

girls this is overbreathing. as for the claire weekes book it is my bible and everyone should have a copy i think. it is a gem. but the book on hyperventilation by dinah bradley will also be useful to you all i think. its called the hyperventilation syndrom

i hope tis helps

jackie

Im def the best over breather!I do it every other day and known how you feel farr.I have had loads of tests for it. And this is how my panic attacks started by over breathing and being wooryied that it was something else!I find the old way of breathing in the paper bag helps and yawning not sure if thats agood thing.xxx

I am exactly the same too.

I am in the middle of moving house and have been anxious for about 5 weeks now - I know I am over breathing all the time - I have to take a deep breath very frequently and it feels really satisfying. I also yawn and sigh a lot. The affects of this make me get heart palpitations, dizziness and a spacey sort of feeling.

Jo Fitzgerald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information