Thread: Freaking myself out again

Freaking myself out again

Its like my brain wants to be worried about something!

I don't really know how to describe this new "symptom" I'm having to be honest, it feels like my hands and feet are tired. Straightening out my fingers and toes seems difficult to me and I'm now scared I have some kind of weird neurological disease.

To be honest I think I'm just imagining these symptoms but its still quite scary, even just typing this thread out has made my hands feel tired.

Re: Freaking myself out again

sorry but i had to have a little titter when i read your opening line-that is exactly how i feel ! it seems your brain can,t function unless it,s worrying about something ! you can bet your life that the symptoms you have are down to stress/anxiety-the brain is a powerful thing & can make us imagine anything-1 trick i find helps me is when i start worrying about my new found ailment,it,s usually life threatening of course ! i say to myself "oh here we go again-i refuse to think about this for 1 week & then if i,ve still got it i will think about a visit to the doc" & everytime the thought comes into my head i quickly do something or make myself think of something else-works every time - good luck

I can relate to that too. Just now, I'm ok and feeling fine, and it doesn't feel right! My mind keeps looking for something to worry about, even though I feel bad when it does. Can't win sometimes.

i agree!! if im not worrying my mind thinks somethings wrong!! so frustrating!

I know this as well, and it's because we have built up anxiety into a habit. As a result of this, being anxious becomes normal, and human beings are creatures of habit. Therefore when we try to break away from the habit of being anxious, we feel insecure - "what about if this time I ignore a symptom, and it's the wrong one to ignore? I might be ill! I might die!" What we have to learn to do is challenge ourselves with is whether or not the fear we have is reasonable. If it's not reasonable, ditch the thought.

However, this is easier said than done, and it takes a good while to kick the habit of being anxious.

yes I'm EXACTLY the same I rid myself of one thought/worry, only to quickly then try to find another. Maybe its a sign of intelligent minds that lots of stimulation and to be kept busy! Only thing is we should try to stimulate our minds with other stuff, happy fun stuff rather than these boring good for nothing worries...

I find that when I have nothing else to focus on my symptoms are out of control, the moment I'm busy they magically disappear!

Pussy Cat; that's a great technique to use. I will try that. x

Thread Information