Thread: indigestion/acid

indigestion/acid

Does anyone else get indigestion and a little acid reflux sometimes? I used to get it every so often but I've had it most days for the past couple of weeks. I admit I don't eat the right foods but I've never had it this much before. It isn't even very much heartburn but I belch/regurgitate quite a lot.

I'm sure anxiety can cause this but I'd like to know I'm not alone.

Thanks

Re: indigestion/acid

Good Morning Worried91....
    Well i can say for sure you NOT alone, I suffer bad with acid 24/7 and like you i also have a bad diet (chocolate & crap) also smoking don't help me which i am slowing down just need to STOP which hopefully i can soon..
    i get the worse burning throat / between shoulder blades / just below ribs and this can feel real raw at times / then the reflux coming up into throat
    i am on med's omeprazole but haven't taken them for a while now & only just started back on them but they take a while to start working again just wish i didn't have to suffer as some days i just don't wanna eat or anything with it.... i find mine is worse of a morning my throat & belly can feel raw at times & soon as i get up i always light a ciggie which usually kicks it off then this kicks of my anxiety the worse part is between my belly button & just below my ribs get a raw sickly feeling ....
    are you on any meds ?? what other symptoms do you get ?

i had symptoms of acid reflux since last year. it comes and goes.

i was precribed omeprazole (Pantoloc), digestive enzymes, and a gas reliever (forgot what it's called). took them but the problem remained.

after much research, i read about how apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon mixed with 1 glass of water, taken after meals) help acid reflux sufferers. i tried that but couldn't say if it worked. i also read that taking acidophilus capsules work. i tried them and they worked for me. i also applied lifestyle changes.

hope you feel better soon.

if you need more acid reflux advice, just e-mail me : nikki.simbulan@gmail.com

-nikki

worried91, I think that 99.9% of people get this from time to time, some worse than others. But the clue is in your post, you admit you eat the wrong foods I know it's hard to change your diet but once you've worked out what foods trigger it, you can then try and steer clear of them.

As for not getting it much before, I found as I got older (sigh!) some foods triggered it that never did before - for example, if I have loads of tomato ketchup on a hotdog, it gets me every time now, a few years ago it wouldn't. I guess we change as we age!

I get it bad on and off, i've noticed when i drink juice and then go to bend down or lie down i get bad acid.
    My diet crap too. I also have a hiatus hernia that gives me painful hiccups that last 20mins,

Acid and belching back with a vengeance this past week. I'm sure it's my diet and anxiety but I have pain in my lower abdomen as well, like I'm slightly constipated.

Can excess acid cause pain/bloating in the gut?

hi worried and the rest,

i have similar symptoms too. i've posted it here:
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97947

let me know what you think please? i'll return here since i really am late for a personal appointment. ack.

I have it all the time, i take omperazole and gp said to take gaviscon as well.
    I find stress and caffeine make it much worse x

Thread Information