Thread: anyone on paxil?

anyone on paxil?

i used to take paxil last year for anxiety and depression, was on them alomst 2 years i think and as far as i can remember it worked well for me (even when i weaned myself off them!)

anyway xmas just gone i came down with SAD so my doc gave me some prozac that worked fantastically, but i stopped taking after 2 months cos i thought i was alright. about 5 weeks ago i came down with terrible depression and anxeity and panic attacks, so back on to prozac. its been 5 or 6 weeks now, my depression is well under control, BUT anxeity has gone through the roof, i have to take valium every day to calm myself down. also i seem to be on a major high one day, and the next very low.

so this has got me thinking that maybe prozac isnt the ad for me? im seeing my doc tomorrow and going to ask if i can swap back to paxil. does anyone know what the swap would be like? would i suffer any mad side effects? i know comming of prozac is the easiest and has longer shelf life etc. the last thing i wanna do is make my anxiety or depression any worse!

is anyone else on paxil for anxiety?

Raver,

I am on paxil for anxiety and I find it helps me much more than any other ssri. Prozac made me more anxious. Paxil is much more sedating than I think any other ssri, that is why I think it is so good for anxiety. It is harder to go off of (I believe) than most, but for me it works. I am on the smallest dose possible and have been on it for years and have never had to increase it. I do not have depression though but know it is also described for that too. Hope this helps, good luck.

Bel

Wink Re: anyone on paxil?

Yes I am on Paxil and its been a pretty good med for me so far. My doctor keeps wanting to me to go onto something else because everyone now and then my anxiety will be ridiculous. I'm on 20 MGs of Paxil and 0.5MG of Ativan. I'm not sure how you'll feel about being on Zoloft and then switching it back to Paxil. I'm not one for taking medications in the first place...so I try to stay consistant. Let me know how it goes.

Nikki

Quote Originally Posted by raverbaby View Post
    i used to take paxil last year for anxiety and depression, was on them alomst 2 years i think and as far as i can remember it worked well for me (even when i weaned myself off them!)

anyway xmas just gone i came down with SAD so my doc gave me some prozac that worked fantastically, but i stopped taking after 2 months cos i thought i was alright. about 5 weeks ago i came down with terrible depression and anxeity and panic attacks, so back on to prozac. its been 5 or 6 weeks now, my depression is well under control, BUT anxeity has gone through the roof, i have to take valium every day to calm myself down. also i seem to be on a major high one day, and the next very low.

so this has got me thinking that maybe prozac isnt the ad for me? im seeing my doc tomorrow and going to ask if i can swap back to paxil. does anyone know what the swap would be like? would i suffer any mad side effects? i know comming of prozac is the easiest and has longer shelf life etc. the last thing i wanna do is make my anxiety or depression any worse!

is anyone else on paxil for anxiety?

Thread Information