Hi there

I thought I would post a message to see if anyone can help and advise. I suffer from a health anxiety already.

About a month ago I finished a month long course of tablets that were very harsh on my system basically gave me an upset stomach most days. This was also a very stressful month, lots of worry and anxiety.

So I finished the tablets and about a week later I got a pain in my groin, of course I thought this was testicular cancer and went to my doctor who checked me out and said all was fine. I wanted a second opinion so went and pain for a scan, this came back fine. A week later this died down and then I developed a stitch like pain in my right side above my hip, again I visited my doctor and he checked my abdomen and said all was fine. He also did a full blood count, this also came back fine. He sent me for a ultrasound scan of my abdomen this looked at all my organs, this again all came back fine.

I have this stitch like ache (doesn’t really hurt, just uncomfortable) normally when I am seated. When I am standing up it normally subsides. It sometimes moves across my tummy to the other side, but have noticed it in my right side mostly. Since coming off the tablets I also have had very loose stools and have been going to the toilet more often after meals and also I know this sounds disgusting but when I wipe the smell is different. I also have this funny taste in my mouth. I also have not been able to pass wind properly for about 3 weeks, I just seem to inflate (I did pass wind this morning though which helped. I have also lost my appetite. I thought when going to the toilet it was meant to help, but I seem to always have this constant stitch in side, maybe though its worse when I think about it!!

I got referred to a Gastroenterologist (my doctor didn’t think I needed it) and he again checked my tummy and to put my mind at rest he did a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy all came back clear, he said with the colonoscopy he also had a look in my small intestine and that was fine.

A week ago (last Friday) I went back to see him and he said that he thinks I have IBS and prescribed a anti-depressant that can also help sort your stomach out and he wants to see me in a months time to see if it has worked.

So just wanted to see if anyone can help me with these awful symptoms I have and if they have ever had this, I am worried I have every cancer that is not being picked up. I now think I have a problem with my gallbladder!! This is affecting my whole life and really I don’t have a life at the moment through the worry that I have something really bad that doctors are not picking up.

My symptons are;

Pain in right side when seated
Bloated Stomach
Loss of appetite
Funny metallic taste in mouth
Loose stools – upset stomach