Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore Neck

Sore Neck

Im having a bad time,my neck has been sore since last weekend and im in a state about it...its mainly the left side but can go across the back to the right,the bottom of my head is sore too,im crying as i type as im scared whats wrong? does anyone get this?

Re: Sore Neck

You have probably slept funny - my neck is sore in those places as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I get pains in my neck all the time, have for years, they can last agessss for me.x

Im worried its a tumour,i cant stop crying,it came on last saturday,i went for a massage on tues thinking it would help but its not.

Well I don't think it is a tumour. It is probably muscular to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ive jsut spoke to my CPN,ive to take a extra Olanzapine just now and try and calm down..would my neck still be sore from sleeping wrong from last weekend?

Hi Sandy
    had exactly the same thing ............mine caused by getting hair washed back over sink at hairdresser [already so tense from going there in first place !]
    it took about 3 weeks to go and my doc told me it was muscular.
    have you got one of those heat packs you put in microwave ?
    they are excellent .get one if you havent got one xx

also I bought new pillows and watch how I sleep now .........restrict to only two now ...place your neck carefully Sandy.

you will be fine honest ..............dont let panic take hold .......neck pain is very common and our posture when anxious is bad usually ........we slump and stoop .
    hold yourself up and do your breathing exercises xxxx
    take care .........this is a common problem and is not serious .

Oh Snowgoose,im a bloody state again,bad as ever.Oh i hope you are right,i wash my hair over the sink everyday.Ive got a pack for the micro wave so i'll give it a go,i cannot think straight at all x

Hey Sandy,

What happens with me is this....I have a genuine pain somewhere which I obviously pick up on straight away (which someone without HA wouldn't pay any attention to at all!!) and my mind keeps telling me it's still there for weeks and weeks. Now I only know that the pain is not real because many times in the past I would have a pain, go to the GP who would send me for tests, get the 'all-clear' and the pain magically disappears instantly!

Don't under-estimate the power of the mind!
    Kerri-anne xx

P.S. Message me on FB if you want to chat hun xx

Hi Sandy

your Olanzapine should be kicking in now Sandy ............hope you feel less anxious love

you go to let these scary thoughts go and float away now .............read and reread your answers here .........find your rational hat and put it on eh?
    It is so hard I know when in the state of panic .
    but you must try my love to challenge these scared health thoughts .
    So many of us get stiff sore necks Sandy .......loads of reasons and when we are tense it is one of the first places for muscular pain and tension .
    have a soothing bath and put the neck wrap on after . put some nice music on .

you will be fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information