Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah/leukaemia latest news

Sarah/leukaemia latest news

I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that we are still hoping to find a bone marrow donor for Sarah (see www.like2like.com for anyone who does not know my daughter in law's story), but time is running out. They have what they call a 'mismatch' for her and it is possible they may try a stem cell transplant - but it is not looking too good.

We are still campaigning to get people onto the bone marrow register, particularly people from black/mixed race/ethnic minority groups for whom the situation is most critical. We had a wonderful drive at my old school in south london on Weds - 191 people went on the register and each one felt so proud and surprised at how easy it was! There was such a wonderful atmosphere!

Sarah and Mark (my son) will be on City Hospital today (BBC1 10am) and there is a piece in the Standard today.

Please everyone encourage everyone you know to register. All the information you need is on our website. Forward the link to anyone you can think of.

Thanks for all the support we have had from people here.

Still hoping xxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

i really hope things go well 4 u on this.fingers crossed a donor will be found very soon.take care luv mooxXx

Thanks Moo!

We are still being as positive as possible - there is a match for her out there xxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?

Hi Fee

My thoughts are with Sarah, You & all the family & i too hope that a donor is found very soon.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Thanks so much Alex! xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Hi Fee,

Just to say you know I'm still thinking of you, Sarah and Mark and hoping things go well for her. I hope the programme today goes well.
    Only just read this so may have missed them on tv. I have to get ready to go out soon but will put the tv on in the background and watch if I catch it. To be honest city hospital is one programme that I can't normally watch, makes me too anxious! Lol.

I'm still hoping a suitable donor comes forward for her so that she has the best chance possible.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

lol lisa - me too - i feel like i'm being punished having to watch it - they're due on in about 5/10 mins and it's so nerve-racking!!!

Hoovered, polished, changed sheets to keep me occupied...will be exhausted!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Hi Fee,

Oh 5 mins that's great thanks, will catch it while I get ready then will put tv on in the bedroom. I'm glad you said now I don't have to sit through the whole programme. Anyway a bit of anxiety watching tv is nothing compared to what poor sarah is going through is it but I know what you mean about being punished lol but it's not good to avoid is it........ well in theory.
    Sounds like you've been busy, sound s exhausting but I can understand the need to keep busy, do take it easy later though.

Hugs,

Lisa x

Hi Fee,

I turned the tv on right after reading your last post, either they weren't on or I missed it while I was replying! I hope they were on and it went well. Sorry if I did miss it, when I turned on they were talking about some womens gallbladder. Then I went to the loo and came back and it was something else but not sarah.

Lisa x

hey feege,
    hope sarahs doing ok! i have spread word to all my friends and given them the website, also posted the site on pin boards all over glamorgan and cardiff uni!! hope it helps!!
    Ammegxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information