Page 128 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1377

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

I've also just noticed this morning that the constant knot of nerves in my stomach has gone and the 'sinking feeling' I got when I thought of going anywhere doesn't happen. things are certainly looking up.

On another note, I haven't had a drink whilst taking the tablets, anyone know if it is safe to do so after being on them, say, a month or so?

thanks

*UPDATE*
    had a mini relapse yesterday evening. Thought I was ok to play squash, half way through felt like I was going to pass out. I'm hoping that this is due to the side effects as I felt quite dizzy still before hand and never had any problems playing sqaush.
    Now I feel like I did on day 2 of taking Citalopram. got in a right state this morning before going for my haircut and almost had a panic attack while sat in the chair (never been keen on getting my hair cut as it is!)

as i say, i'm hoping it was just a case of doing too much too soon after starting the meds. may leave it until next week until i try exercise. Anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by StevenG; 03-10-12 at 10:38.

Hi all just took my first citalopram couple of hours ago then read the side effects then found this forum lol sounds like a rough ride ahead of me but if it helps it will be so worth it
    Suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last year starting cbt soon but went for the meds as well to cover all bases
    So far feel a bit sick stomach growling though just eaten lunch head feels mashed and mood swinging up and down every 5 mins
    Worst thing is meant to be starting some delivery work tonight for local takeaway as I'm a gardener and need an income over winter, can't even think about driving at the moment so might have to call and let them down
    Anyway will keep posting on my journey

I had terrible SE's even from one pill from Citalopram but stuck with it and it does get better in time, though it took about 5 months for me to be 100% perfect. I always found mornings a little hard for a good while.
    The main SE's I had was increased anxiety and even panic attacks, I couldn't sleep and my head felt like a pressure cooker. Gradually and with the help of Lorazepam things got much better until one day I felt like the old me.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    I've also just noticed this morning that the constant knot of nerves in my stomach has gone and the 'sinking feeling' I got when I thought of going anywhere doesn't happen. things are certainly looking up.

On another note, I haven't had a drink whilst taking the tablets, anyone know if it is safe to do so after being on them, say, a month or so?

thanks

*UPDATE*
    had a mini relapse yesterday evening. Thought I was ok to play squash, half way through felt like I was going to pass out. I'm hoping that this is due to the side effects as I felt quite dizzy still before hand and never had any problems playing sqaush.
    Now I feel like I did on day 2 of taking Citalopram. got in a right state this morning before going for my haircut and almost had a panic attack while sat in the chair (never been keen on getting my hair cut as it is!)

as i say, i'm hoping it was just a case of doing too much too soon after starting the meds. may leave it until next week until i try exercise. Anyone else had this problem?
    Yes I've been feeling lethargic more easily too. I need an extra hour's sleep a night in order to feel my normal self. I haven't felt like doing any exercise recently, but once I've got my sleeping patterns sorted out I'll start exercising again, as my CBT Stress Control class has said it's very helpful for the mood.

Im just hoping I will be ok for next saturday
    supposed to be going to a sporting event, but the last time I was in a big crowd is the time i passed out so it's getting to me quite a bit

I think you need to tell yourself that even though you were in a big crowd when you fainted, that doesn't mean you'll always faint when you're in a crowd. In cbt we call this generalisation
    I hope it goes well.

How long are these side effects supposed to last?
    i have been on it for 16 days now and I am still worse than before I started taking it.
    The dizziness and feeling like i'm going to faint are happening all the time whereas it didn;t before.

Just now i felt as though I was going to pass out at work anf that has never happened before. It usually only happens when I am going somewhere new

Ive been on citalopram for nearly 6 weeks. the first few weeks were awful neagtive and disturbing thoughts. i was only citalopram for a month last april and had no side effects at all. so when my dose finished i left it. but my anxiety started coming back. i had to go back on them because my next door neighbour hanged himself in the flat next door. i was at the door when they found him, i also lost a friend 4 months earlier.
    the side effects were awful i ended up the hospital having an anxiety attack, but was told to stick to the meds (10mg)
    just back from spain and felt rather relaxed, so decided to have a bottle of strongbow at the resturants only 3 nights, but since them it felt like im back to square one again, has anyone felt like this? i work alone with my own business so my head completley races with negative thoughts and i feel im going mental. have i had a relapse cos i had a couple of bottles of cider??

Yes, they do say that alcohol can cancel out the effects of citalopram, so it's not a good idea to mix the 2. It does sound like you've been through a rough time recently, with losing your neighbour and your friend, so it's not surprising you feel anxious. I hope you'll start feeling better again in the next few days.

Thank you i didnt realise just a bottle of cider a night would do much, but i guess i know now thank u

Page 128 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast

Thread Information