Page 37 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

hi vixx,

i had to reply ,,your post could have been writen by me, i am totally the same, 5years of avoiding situations where i might have a panic attack, trying to deal with it myself....nothing has worked, hypno, tapping, herbal remedies, CBT,....tried pretty much anything so i didnt have to come back to medication...but if it works then its worth it i spose.

i agree totally with the sitting and not doing much approach to taking this!!..i know not everyone can do that, i am glad i can..i feel totally fuzzled, one minute i feel sick and shakey and the next i feel like i might pop, like a surge of energy has just been pumped into me!! hahaa, i danced this morning in the kitchen to girls alloud!!!!! i'm only on day 2 so i do still feel poo most of the time but i'm really possitive about the future.

oooh sleep, i could sleep all day, my children and partner got up earlyish so i thought i better get up but i soo could have stayed where i was!! and when i wake up, normally i go a few hours before i eat, but i'm waking up starving! so not only will i be depressed, and feel crap cos of the side affects,, i'll be fat too!! great! lol..

thanks to you all for your kindness yesterday, was feeling rubbish..i will keep on, as you all do i'm sure.

be well. xxxx

Please help if anyone has experienced this...
    Hi, I have been on Citalopram for 3 weeks and I am experiencing serious chest pain, right where my heart is, it radiates down my arm a bit and I my breathing is not as comfortable as usual. I really appreciate the previous posts, and any experience with this. I am in good health, early thirty's and either its this medication, or I have another problem, this has persisted for three days, I know what anxiety is like and I don't think this is anxiety. I also have had heart burn years ago and this doesn't seem like that either.... any help or support?... thank you

Hi Tella,

I think you need to see your doctor asap just to make sure..these can be anxiety based symptoms but i would check to be sure...you will also feel much better knowing its ok too...let us know how you get on...
    Take care,Jen5218

x

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1984 View Post
    Hi
    Hope i'm not repeating anybody elses post but I couldnt find an answer to my question. My doctor has prescribed me Citalopran (20mg) and I took one the other night and about an hour later I started to feel sick, dizzy, spaced out and shakey, it was nothing like a panic attack iv ever had and I was just wondering if it was a panic attack because I was expecting to get side effects or whether they were genuine side effects? Im too scared to take anymore incase it happens again.
    Thanks for any advice
    Suzy xx
    Hi Suzy,

I have been taking Citalopran for nearly 6 months and am just about to start gradually coming off of them. The first couple weeks, I did fell stange and felt a little sick,but stick with them as I am now back to my old self . I was tatally against tablets before but now realise that we all need a little help sometimes to get that little bit of sparkle back.

Hi Guys
    I dont feel to good today. I started over the last few days to feel really shaky and sick and I am so so tired. Getting around 4 hours a nights sleep and just lay in bed reading until its time to get up. Could quite easy go to bed now but whats the point as Ijust lay there listening to my rapid heart rate and just cannot settle into sleep.
    The plus side is I do feel so much better but constantly feeling unwell is beginning to drain me.

hi tracy43..i didnt sleep either last night so i know how you feel, try to fight the urge to nap today though and fingers crossed tonight you'll sleep well.

how long have you been taking the pills?

hope youre feeling alright other than the tiredness, best wishes...x

I'm going to make it a trio as I didn't sleep last night either!

I'm really hoping I will be able to sleep tonight, I havent had a good sleep all weekend and don't want to go to work feeling worn out at the beginning of the week But I know I'm started to freak out about it, so if its a side effect I know my own self is making it worse which doesn't help

well it must be something in the water today...after a good day yesterday (maybe the best yet) I've been quite shaky today, BUT in fairness, feel overall much better than a week ago

Hi, everyone, this is my first post on here. Started taking these tabs 3 days ago, hour after taking them last night I started shaking, felt like I was gonna faint, felt sick, and felt like heart was jumping out of my chest, couldnt sit still, had long waves of extreme panic come over me, was pacing the floor struggling to breathe, rubbing my hands together, tense and going hot/cold - this went on for 4 hours in total. That kind of experience was new to me as I have only mild anxiety due to PND - my little girl is 6 months old. 10 mins into my 'funny turn' as my mum calls it, i phoned my hubby out of work - Lucky i had someone to call as had my baby in the house alone with me - she was screaming and i couldnt (due to the state i was in) look after her. I'm annoyed at the Doc - he knew I had a baby to care for, for long periods on my own so should really have discussed the side effects with me. I did ask about them but told they are few and far between and rare. Its a shame as yest day my anxiety seemed less and I felt a lot calmer but now too scared to take them again!! So im off to Doc's in the morning to get somethin else to help me x

Can the docs prescribe anything to go with these pills t help us sleep? Or will the side effects will just as bad. I do feel good ( well compared to a week ago) but I feel strange and exhausted. Like everyone else on here I hate the side effects but keep thinking hold on in there and see if it passes. This is my tenth day on them.
    Taking them at night was one of the best things I did as I now sleep through the worst of the effects.
    As for napping during the dya I just cant even if I wanted to. Ilay there with my eyes closed but thats as far as it goes, the sleep just wont come. Oh well guess we cant have it all

Page 37 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread Information