Page 38 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

Its day 19 and the slight trembles & agitation has returned today. My better half seems to think the last few days have been good day/not so good day in turn since about wednesday, but I hang on to the fact that I AM better than I was a week ago and even better than the week before that. I know people have posted here - "...hang in there, it gets better" - I could use somebody reminding of that about now please!

If its any use Tracy I may still be getting side effects but its better than day 10 - I'm now getting whole days without any

HI BOB ..IT DOES GET BETTER& BETTER. THE GOOD DAYS TURN INTO WEEKS AND THEY TURN INTO MONTHS.ITS JUST HARD TO BEILEVE WHEN YOU ARE NOT HAVIN A GOOD DAY.ITS A CASE SOMETIMES OF THREE STEPS FORWARD AND TWO STEPS BACK...YOULL GET THERE IN THE END.HUGS SUZY

you're a star

Your Welcome !just Call Me Twinkle.

No seriously Suzy, as you know, you can get wrapped up in your side-effects and, as you say, when you have an off day it can be very wearing. It does make me feel much more positive to hear posts like yours - thank you again

Hi everyone,

Been reading through your posts and glad to see that it does get better. I've been taking them for 5 days now and to be honest it feels like the whole 5 days have rolled into one, I've felt really strange. It seems a few people have said they have felt tired but can't sleep, I've felt like that too and generally a bit fuzzy and shaky.

It's nice to read comments that are positive as I think the more bad things I have read the worse I've started to feel!

Thanks everyone x

Suzy you really are a star, I agree with bob! Your replies have really kept me going

Gosh, I'm having a difficult day today, I feel so depressed/anxious right now I'm feeling quite upset and tearful, too. I think its like, I've started to get panic feelings and its all spiralling a bit - I'm getting worries about medication, about life, career, etc etc. My head is fuzzy and achy! And I've been clenching my jaw too much

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, its another day!!

Quote Originally Posted by vixx View Post
    Hi everyone,

Been reading through your posts and glad to see that it does get better. I've been taking them for 5 days now and to be honest it feels like the whole 5 days have rolled into one, I've felt really strange. It seems a few people have said they have felt tired but can't sleep, I've felt like that too and generally a bit fuzzy and shaky.

It's nice to read comments that are positive as I think the more bad things I have read the worse I've started to feel!

Thanks everyone x
    It actually makes me feel a bit better when I look back to day 5 and think 'I'm so much better than day 5' even if I've had a bit of a rough one today its all about perspective. I can look back to the first week and say 'keep going it gets better'!
    How long have you been on it Budgie?

Today is day 10 for me, bob

In some ways I know I am feeling better compared to this time last week, and definitely compared to recent months. I haven't felt this weird since starting the citralopram; I think its going to be a day-by-day thing for now In a way though, how I feel today is not so much different than how I can get on a bad anxiety/depression day in general, so it isn't too much of a loss!

Its funny because when you get a headache you take an Asprin and wait for the headache to lift. As I understand it, Citalopram will give you heightened anxiety/depression while it takes effect, and it will come & go before going altogether - what a weird med!
    My GP said when prescribing it - ' it'll take a week or so to settle down' - how suitably vague! I rang him up to talk side-effects on day 10 and he slid to 'well it will actually be about 4 weeks before you get the full benefit, your side effects are quite common'....thanks for that

Page 38 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread Information