Thread: Reducing dose from 100mg to 75mg

Reducing dose from 100mg to 75mg

I initially started the generic of zoloft in April 2011 for anxiety and depression. I have suffered from health anxiety for about 5 years and since having my baby a year ago it got worse and I felt like I couldn't cope. I started on 25mg for one week and then upped it to 50mg for a month. I was still having up and down days so my dr said to move up to 100mg. So I went to 75mg for two days (started feeling an improvement) and then 100mg. I have been on 100mg for 2 months now and after the first 2 weeks of being on 100mg, I felt really good. On occassion I would have a nervousness which I felt was the meds. And now I'm feeling this nervousness all the time and shortness of breath with a tight chest. I didn't even feel like this before the meds, so I think the zoloft at 100mg is causing the the increase in anxiety. My depression has improved, but this tight chest feeling and upset stomach is yuck! So, I want to cut my dose down to 75mg which my dr said I can do, but I want to know from anyone here how they did it, what is the best way to do it and or how they felt doing it. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Reducing dose from 100mg to 75mg

Hi hayley i have increased my sertraline to 75mg and feel more nervous did you experience that on 75mg have you manged to get back to this dose...
    LInda

Thread Information