Thread: Please Help -Think I May Have to Cancel Holiday !!

Please Help -Think I May Have to Cancel Holiday !!

Hi,

I posted yesterday but didnt get a reply...really really struggling, feel sick and cannot stop breaking out in tears...

My problem is that I am worried about a strange feeling in the top of my nose and forehead which feels as though someone pressing or Squeezing it....I am writing this crying...I am a single parent to an 8yr old and was going away in 2 weeks with him....
    I am so frightened that this is something more sinisiter.....GP said its anxiety and tension head aches but I am so scared I have bruised my nose and forehead by pressing.....first I thought it might be a brain tumour GP said its anxiety (had it before but not this symptom).
    I know that this worry along with stress has kicked in my depression and I wake in the morning not wanting to get out of bed and feeling sick....how can i go on holiday feeling like this????
    I feel so bad that if I didnt have a real phobia of dying and leaving my son I would just cut to the chase !!!
    Please Help xxx

Re: Please Help -Think I May Have to Cancel Holiday !!

Could it be your sinuses. maybe try to see your gp on Monday.You've still got two weeks before your holiday.
    I know its really hard, i stress about my health all the time. im sure its not anything serious x

Oh bless you. Anxiety loves routine and a holiday is a complete change which is probably what has set this off for you. Even the thought of going away has me in panic! Has your gp prescribed you any medication or suggested any therapies. Just remember a holiday can be cancelled if it is giving you that much worry. I would explain to your gp exactly how dibilitating this is making you and possibly have a holiday in the future when your worries are more under control

Could it be sinus problems??
    You could try taking something like Sudafed (think that's what it's called!) and see if it helps?
    Maybe getting away from it all will make you feel better. I know when I went on holiday in June the anxiety was still there but in the background and manageable. I was dreading going but it did me the world of good.

Kerri-anne xx

I was going to say sinuses, as I've had this occasionally and my sister used to get it really badly.

It's horrible trying to motivate yourself when you feel so low. 2 weeks is quite a long time though, and you may be feeling a lot better by then, or at least able to face the holiday.

If your doctor thinks it's nothing too bad then chances are it's not. You could go and see them again though and explain about your anxiety and how depressed you're feeling.

I can remember every single holiday I have had not by where I was but by what I was panicking about health wise and it was always much much worse away from home because i did not have the security of my Dr nearby.

Anxiety can def give you pressure feelings in face and head due to tension in the muscles of your scalp and neck - been there done that one!

If its sinus pain then usually it will get much worse when you bend your head over and down????

Thank you all so much for your replies...GP put me on Busparione?? and also taking anti-biotics for sinuses although he says that it is probably the anxiety....
    I think its because i hadnt felt these sensations before which scare me....my anxiety is in full swing and the sensations are getting more, although not there when i distract myself...and they are not painful....which is what i thought tension headaches would be ??

I hate being me and feeling this way and feel as though I am failing as a good mother as I shouldnt be thinking of health and death all the time and enjoy our life together,

I started the Buspar on Tuesday so hopefully will kick in soon but he also wants me to take citralpram xxx

Thread Information