Thread: I go red all the time

I go red all the time

Hi all it has taken me a long time to tell people about this, and alot of courage to post this.

I blush all the time, and it's starting to get me down because im not embrassed most of the time, however if i am embarrassed its alot worse.

It all started when I was 13, I am now 21. I was in school, in a lesson surrounded by my class, a boy says to me "you smell nice" I got embarrassed and went bright red. Everyone was looking and commenting about me going red.
    Since that day I would blush over everything, people talking to me including my mates, and my school life was ruined because id go red in class when a teacher asks me a question or when i had to read out loud, and class presentions? well that was a nightmare for me.
    My confidence has never been the same, as i dont talk much thinking if i go red in middle of a convo,im okay around my mum and boyfriend but thats it.
    I dont go out much either, I go into town for shopping I am only 21 and dont even go out for a drink on the weekend or to a mates as i just blush all the time. I dont just blush i go bright red from forehead to chin. its very easy to go red for me.

I have found out recently that if im hot then i go red more, so i always leave windows open, and dress light so im cool, if i go somewhere thats hot or has the heating on, well im doomed as im red the whole time!

Id like to go to friends houses for a drink, to restaurants or even go to a shop without going red once! :( I always turn places down if im offered to go to party or whatever,

I need to know if theres people out there like me?
    Is there anything to help me?
    skincare, creams etc.
    make up?
    meds?

I'd love to be able to be me again, and just be young instead im in all the time, with my daughter who is nearly 3.

Please somebody xxxx

Re: I go red all the time

Hi hun

Yeah I also suffer with this, especially when talking in a group of people (I hate being the centre of attention). It makes it worse when its pointed out to me aswell, I once really liked a lad I worked with & once he'd mentioned about it I couldnt even look at him without blushing! It was horrendous.

Ive never tried it myself but I know you can get makeup with a green tint to counteract the redness, I know that sounds odd but apparently it works! I think they sell it at boots.

It might be worth asking your doctor about any treatment, cognitive behavioural therapy is meant to be good for this sort of thing x

Hi there,

You are not alone even i suffer from social anxiety in my everyday life, either at home, office or social /family gathering. You just go red, while my mouth twitches terribly & lips tremble effortlessly as soon as im in centre of attention. I get this during photo sessions, chatting with friends or relatives, social gathering, when meeting an old friend or ex colleague.
    I get mouth twitches which i can't control however i try my best especially when Ive to do a conversation and the like be it with friend/friends or sister in law/brother in law.
    I wish i could get out of this0-(

Hi,
    You are not alone with going red. If I can explain, I have suffered with it since I was at school too. Around the teenage age I think I went red once and then before you know it I just couldnt shake off the vicous circle of blushing for no reason. Almost only going red because I knew I was going red (if that makes sense).
    I am 25 now, and have a job where I speak to people everyday, I have to present to people also. For a few years the redness dissapeared but now it is back with avengence!
    I avoid situations and talking to specific people if i feel anxious - but this is only at work. If I told ,my friends and partner they would not understand as im very outgoing and confident.
    So.. I went to the doctors because it was getting me down so much and im currently on a drug called propranolol (Bedranel) 80mg slow release tablets, I take one a day and they work for 24 hours stopping the adrenalin rush by slowing your heart. They have helped a lot, you feel tired but relaxed, you should try them. Just to get over the initial problem, leaving you to then just pursue some counselling and get back to yourself.

I hope this helps,

xx

Sal - I tried propranolol (as needed) years ago and it was very effective. The only problem I had was that it caused insomnia, so I stopped taking it. I was wondering if the slow release version is any better that way - but I don't suppose so.

They gave me the tablets first and they were rubbish! I mean, how are you supposed to take them and know when you feel like you are going to go red!! I do recommend the slow release, you feel like you are being treated on them... cant explain. Sorry it has given u insomnia, definately dont give up see if the DR recommends anything else.

x

I get this alot. I go red and blotchy when i drink alcohol! If I get flushed from walking i go mega red! Takes me ages to calm down. Ive heard its called roscea? There are creams for this but i dont think they work tbh. I have to wear light clothing and i cant wear coats as of getting hot so i wear cardis. I have 2 wear make up on a night out to hide the reddness. I used 2 use a green lotion from no7 under make up which kind of helped. Its really bad as people notice and make comments constantly. Guys find this attractive so ive been told? I feel awful. Once a few years ago when i wasnt wearing sunnies i met a friend in town and it was a hot day and i was on monthlys. I walked a few yards down road 2 meet her and my face felt so red i had 2 hide in mcdonalds loos with her for ages just to cool down and for rest of afternoon i couldnt look at her due to embarrassment. Never lived that down. I do blush quite easily but as ive got older i do it less which is ok. I think my tablets might help too as my skin doesnt get as flush. When i wear blusher this enhances it also so less bliusher i wear it doesnt show as much. It does ruin your life and it did make me cry soo much

Thank you everyone for your help and kind words. I think I have roscea, I am currently wearing make up thats helping I youtubed "make up for blushing" and it really helped x

Hey, I am writing this message to try and offer a possible solution for all of you that suffer from going red and feeling hot.

I am writing this because I remember going suffering from all of these things and going through all these types of chat sites to try and find solutions. I used to be full of confidence, have everything going for me but then when I was around 17 someone made a joke about me and I just went red and ever since that I was always socially anxious, even with family, fearing everything, avoiding anything and then hating myself and my life for that.

The solution that worked for me was Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), I studied psychology in school so was aware of the potential benefits, but my Mum's partner was also a psychologist so I had an open mind to psychotherapy. But I understand that some people who don't know so much about the field can dismiss it straight away as it seems like going to a counseller will never ever help HEAT go away in your face, but it definitely can and it has helped me in so many ways. They are expensive, but possible. I was 20 and paying weekly sessions all by myself, none of my family or friends know that I went to them, only my girlfriend, I was on a low salary but just didn't buy many new clothes or go out as much as my friends. I went to sessions for around 6 months, now I am studying at university, doing things I never would have imagined I could 6 months ago. If anyone has any questions they have I would be happy to answer them.

Thread Information