Thread: Liver problems/chest pain related?

Liver problems/chest pain related?

Hi everyone, I havent been on for a while my fiancee has been quite ill, thats another story though! Iv been doing really well anxiety wise havent seemed to have any problems since getting a new much better job. A few months ago I was suffering quite bad stomach cramps and pain in my ribs,my gp did blood tests and it came back I have a swollen liver,he said not to do anything for a year unless I have symptoms,when I explained again about stomach cramps etc he still said wait a year,every time iv been back he says yes liver is swollen but wait a year. Anyways the last few days Iv been having quite severe chest pains again and quite bad heart fluttery things, so far I havent phoned an ambulance (which some of you will appreciate is a massive achievment for me), but what I wanted to know is could this be connected to my liver in any way,earlier I had severe chest pain and pain directly where your liver is both at the same time, im not worried about my liver being swollen,a bit annoyed at my gp but not worried-but my chest pains are scaring me now they are horrible and the heart fluttery thing is getting more regular.Any advice greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post.

Thanks

Re: Liver problems/chest pain related?

Anyone?

Are you sure it isn't just indigestion ?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Im quite offended by that, yes I am sure it isnt indigestion,as far as im aware indigestion cant cause your liver to swell

I wasn't referring to the liver. I was referring to the chest pains.

I don't think what I said was offensive.

Where are the chest pains exactly?

The fluttery things could be ectopics /palpitations.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They radiate from the sides of the ribs through to the centre of the chest,they always start with a dull ache starting on the left just next to my breast then gradually build up to insane pain

Could be costochondritis but a doctor would probably have to diagnose that.

Thread Information