Thread: Jobcentre interview...arrrghhhhhh!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jobcentre interview...arrrghhhhhh!!

I find your post a bit sanctimonious to be honest Geoff.

As I mentioned in my post, I have looked FAR outside of nursing - retail, admin, education - anything that I could translate my experience and skills to basically, but I am just not getting a foot in the door as I don't have experience in those fields and don't have comprehensive computer skills for admin. I looked outside the box on the suggestion of the DWP who at my 3 month review/interview then agreed that the likelihood of me getting retail work without sales experience was slim!!!!!!!! LUDICROUS.

I have been so flexible I am bending over backwards frankly, as I know how limited my opportunities are. Preferably, I want to use my diploma. I don't see that as a crime, I'm sorry. I earned the right to get a job that utilises that (and worked my arse off to achieve it) not one the DWP think I should get. The government also paid me a bursary for the entitity of my nurse training, so is that acceptable to them that that money should now be wasted?

I think not.

Yes, working does keep you sane. I feel much worse when I am not busy as I have too much time on my hands to dwell, and the anxiety and panic rises up. I think that most people agree with that, but do know that already actually, which is why they are seeking employment that maintains a balance of allowing them to work but also NOT allowing their anxiety - if at all posssible - to be provoked in any way by that work.
    Last edited by debs71; 26-07-11 at 10:51.

Thread Information