I am 18 years old male my self, for the past I'd say 2/3 months I have been stressed out of my head worry about not passing my A level exams.
Normally, exams do not phase me at all. But these final exams had me in tears often, which is very uncharacteristic. Then there is the worry of leaving home and living by my self, which as much as I am looking forward to that, knowing I am not going to be able to call on the parents when things go tits up its a terrifying prospect.
Since the exams have finished, I have been suffering depression and anxiety, which seems to have manifested its self into health anxiety (Convinced I have a brain tumour...)

But thats enough about me.
As the title suggests, this is about my partner. A little background may well be of some use, (Feel free to skip this part!) We have been together 5 years, she really is a best friend to me (Cliché, whatever ) We've been through a whole lot of crap to be fair, family problems, relationship problems, growing up together ect.. (more Cliches for you) I share just about everything with her without questioning it.
She knows what I am suffering from, but she, and I quote 'just doesn't understand it'. And as a result, its taking a very clear toll on her and out relationship in general.

She say she wants to help out, (which I have no doubts! shes a bloody saint her.) but she just doesn't know how. Which is leading her to get pretty upset!

I dont want to start hiding how im feeling, but we also cant go on like this, its not fair on her to be getting down about my problem simply because she doesn't understand it fully!

So, basically I want to help her to understand. Because honestly, I feel pretty guilty that I am bringing her down.
So how do you even start to go about explaining things to your partner?
No doubt you lot are far far wiser than I, and I would really be thankful for your advice.

How do you explain to someone you think you have a brain tumour when you clearly have none of the symptoms? This anxiety stuff must make us look like madmen sometimes

Cheers guys.