Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain after Colonoscopy

Pain after Colonoscopy

Hi all sorry about making a new thread but it seem's this side of the board's get used more...

The blood seem's to have more enough stopped since i had a passing it was just one spot.

Is it normal to have pain in my right side after having the scope done... It's not the worst pain but enough to feel it?

Re: Pain after Colonoscopy

Trev - people tend to read active topics and not just forums so they see them all.

I can't remember if I had pain or not as I was in so much pain anyway with the Crohn's lol.

You will be sore I would think as the colon has been invaded with a foreign object and pumped full of air.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Trev - people tend to read active topics and not just forums so they see them all.

I can't remember if I had pain or not as I was in so much pain anyway with the Crohn's lol.

You will be sore I would think as the colon has been invaded with a foreign object and pumped full of air.
    Thank you for your reply i'll just hope that it settle's down in a couple of day's as you can tell i am anxious, but if anything terrible was to happen it's been 24hr's now i am sure it would have happened?

And also sorry for flooding the forum's .

Trev - it is fine. I wasn't telling you off - just reassuring you about people reading posts all over the place.

Have you tried some pain killers?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Not yet i am allergic to aspirin so i can't take that or any anti-inflam's.

I guess i could take some codiene just trying to stay of that stuff since i read it can be adictive.

Can you have paracetamol?

Do you have a hot water bottle as well?

It wont hurt to take codeine for a day or two .Its only addictive when you take it every day for a few weeks ..The hot water bottle will help too .Hope you feel better tomorrow Trev..t/c Sue x

Thank's for the reply's if it continue's tomorrow i'll take some codiene i'll pop some paracetmol for now and see if it help's and yeah i have a hot water bottle.

I know i sound like a stuck record but if anything bad had happened in the scope it would have falred up by now since it's been over 24 hr's?

If the pain is really bad then I would advise seeking help. If it is just mild discomfort I think you will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    If the pain is really bad then I would advise seeking help. If it is just mild discomfort I think you will be ok
    Yeah it's mild discomfort it's not where i am creased over holding my stomach just like a twinge when i move about now and again, i doubt it's trapped wind now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information