Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone take 100mg of sertraline?

Does anyone take 100mg of sertraline?

Is there anybody taking 100mg of sertraline daily? I've been prescribed 100mg as a transition from 40mg citalopram so was wondering if this is usual dose or it is a bit high? Is there anything to worry about? Thanks!

Re: Does anyone take 100mg of sertraline?

Hi no name
    I was on 10mg cilalopram daily for about 1 year, now I am taking 50mg sertraline daily.Started them aweek ago,so i think your dose is about ok.
    See how you go on with them.
    take care

I will start taking them in a day or two, hope i feel OK.

I started on 150mg and then reduced it down to 100mg which I'm on now so it's not high, you might get some mild side effects like nausea or tiredness but they usually go away within a week or two. Hope it helps you

I have taken 150mg sertraline for quite a while now. I think I started at 50mg initially, but that was many years ago! Best wishes to you.

Thank you both! I am taking 25mg for two days now along with 30mg Citalopram as part of the cross-tapering the Dr. prescribed me (25mg of Sertraline added every two days while reducing 10mg of Citalopram the same time). Hope everything goes OK!

Hi I am new to the forum and I take 200mg Sertraline which I have done since December 2010. I think this is the highest dose and I don't know how long it will be till I can reduce. Does anyone else take this dose, and for how long?

Your Dr. should tell you depending on your condition and goals. There is no limit in the time for taking ADs as a whole, just make some blood tests twice an year (for example) and everything is OK.

I am taking Sertraline for a week now and feel better, almost no side effects already. I am also taking a tablet (0.5mg) of Fluanxol (flupentixol) in the morning and i made MASSIVE improvement for just 3 days! It boosts my mood and totally crush the 'bad' thoughts.

I am taking 50mg of Sertraline along with 40mg of Paroxetine as my Doc wants me to come of Paroxetine eventually. Have taken the Sertraline for around 10 days. now but it makes me feel very tired and groggy in the mornings and I struggle to get out of bed.
    Anyone else experienced this? Am a long time user of Paroxetine but not convinced its doing much for me anymore? x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information