Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knee joints ache+crack at times-Reassurance pls?

Knee joints ache+crack at times-Reassurance pls?

Hello,

Can somebody help in calming me down yet again?

Since me recent worry about tingles in the feet and hands for the last 3 days, my knee joints appear to ache and when I bend down they crack at times (best word I can use to describe the feeling).

I have looked on the web and found this, which I think answers my question but I'm not sure?

Tense muscles lead to increased fidgeting, prickling sensations in the skin and stiffness in the joints.

Can somebody help in calming me down yet again?

Tony

Hi there Tony,

Joints cracking are nothing to worry about, my neck makes a cracking noise nearly every time I turn it, makes people cringe sometimes, lol.

The reason is usually gases escaping from the joints, the fluid in the joints (that lubricates the joint) contains oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide. These gases can be released from joints when you move them and form bubbles, hence the sound you hear.
    If the cracking is in the knee or ankle it can just be that you hear a tendon returning to it's original place after being moved, that can make a noise too.

Take care,

Lisa

A girl in my primary school could make her fingers crack on request just by splaying and moving her fingers about. So don't worry.

tony

i'm a physio - lots of people get joint noises and cracks espcially knees, fingers and necks - nothing to worry about - as for the aches - gently exercise and accept a few aches and pains as part of the lot of a knee - get it moving before you stand up

if an ongoing problem or if it locks up or gives way see your local nhs physio for a review

jos

This would defienlty not be ms either, if im right ms is not typical of these symtoms? you will be fine honest xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Hi Tony,

My joints especially my knees and ankles are terrible for cracking especially in the morning, my boyfriend is always laughing at me in the morning because no matter how quiet i try to be when he's still in bed and i try to walk across the room all you can hear are my ankles cracking (he says i sound like i'm walking across dry twigs!!!!) Really i would'nt worry about it, it's really common especially if you hav'nt been very active.

Re: Knee joints ache+crack at times-Reassurance pls?

Hi all,

This symptom started on Sunday, where all my joints appear to be clicking (legs, arms and ankles etc).

I was wondering if this is something serious or that it is my body starting to relax after worrying for weeks over my persistent headache.

Red

Tony

My knees crack every time I bend them. So do my ankles

My knees crack every time I bend them, or kneel down too. it is very loud and sometimes quite embarassing! I asked a physio who said nothing to worry about.
    Everyone always winces when they crack, assuming they hurt - but they don't

Red, this isn't something serious. You're anxious love, so you're making a big deal of it. No problem though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information