Hi guys

I suffer from RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) and I was wondering if it was linked to anxiety or anxiety medications. I've tried looking it up on the internet but there doesn't seem to be much information on it.

I have trouble sleeping at night almost every single night unless I knock myself out with alcohol (I'm aware that it's a vicious circle, that it's harder to sleep without alcohol in the end). My head is always sputtering rubbish like 'my bike won't reach the doorbell' or 'that centipede won't fit in my trolley' and it drives me mad where I get this crap from I have NO idea.

Unfortunately I suffer from several 'sleep hang-ups' as I call them... I must lie on my side on a pillow that doesn't make a crinkly noise, my feet must be warm else I can't drift off, if I make the monumental mistake of thinking about my eyeballs when my eyes are shut I end up straining the life out of them to stop them rolling up in my head when my lids are closed. I pee just before bed but lie awake waiting to need a pee again... there are more but the main problem is my RLS. I can stay awake all day to make myself tired, I can make a hot drink, I can get off the pc early and read a book or just close my eyes, I can do a few things to help me get tired, but I cannot avoid RLS.

I've always suffered but it would be something like once a week for a short time. Now it's every single night, guaranteed. It used to happen only at a certain time of the evening, but now it's when I'm sitting or lying still, even in the car or in front of the tv. I do exercise in the day because I'm trying to lose weight but there are times when I'm not able to do much and I know I'm in for another night where I'm awake til 8 or 9 am... Once I had an infection and I took some Night Nurse tablets and my entire body was restless for the whole night so I'm afraid of taking sleeping tablets... does anyone know what I'm talking about? Any tips? I've looked up treatment for RLS and it appears there is a drug but it's only for those who cannot move, as movement eases the RLS... problem being that in bed you're trying NOT to move!

Ok I'm rambling again... any comments would be welcome, thanks.