Thread: Nauseous and hot... any advice?

Nauseous and hot... any advice?

I have been feeling sick almost all day (and night) for the last week. Usually it comes and goes, but this time it won't go away. I know its because of anxiety, but its still hard to talk myself out of it!

My anxiety peaked about two years ago. I have been better for a while, but now under pressure with money and work its suddeny back. I knew it was worrying but didn't feel that bad. Then Friday the weather was hot (which is how I feel when I'm sick, hot & cold).... which made me feel slightly sick. Then after that I've been feeling sick all the time. Getting to sleep is almost impossible (Insomniac!)

I just want to sleep so I don't feel sick. Its the only time I don't feel it. But that feels like the depression I've had in the past, wanting to sleep to avoid how I feel. This message has got much longer than planned, but I have to explain.

I have read up in forum on nausea and drinking tonic water (which I can't stand - so I'm trying other fizzy stuff). Rescue Remedy is living in my pocket! So far I've tried camomile & spearmint tea, which is ok, and ginger and lemon tea, which I wasn't sure about. The ginger made me feel hot which made me think I felt poorly - you see what I mean?

Any suggestions on non-medicine cures for nausea would be VERY welcome. Its making it hard to concentrate at work, and everywhere else too. Thanks.

Lisa. [Ugh]

Hey there, sorry to hear how you have been feeling!, i thought i would let you know that i have had sleep trouble before, and i know how you feel, but i didn't feel sick, i can also relate to the way you feel you need to sleep to escaoe the problems, thats how i am now,,,gone from 0 sleep to 100% sleep lol, lifes a bitch aint it!, anyway i suggest you go to the GP and explain how you feel, i am sure they can help

hope you feel better soon

Rian951

REMEMBER, A PROBLEM SHARED IS A PROBLEM HALVED!!!

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time of it Lisa. Nausea is one of my main symptoms and I hate it!! I also get very hot when i feel sick.

I tend to drink something fizzy, it usually helps. Also, just sucking a fruity sweet helps me. And believe it or not, I know it sounds silly, but I bought a fan a few years ago, and whenever i got hot and nauseas, I used to go and sit or lie in front of it. Sounds crazy i know, but it seemed to help me. I also like to try and distract myself. Try reading, or doing a crossword. Anything that busy's your mind.

Good luck!! Lyla xx

Thanks for your replies.

I still have dizziness and sickness, but the St John's Wort and Rescue Remedy are helping. Being in a situation I feel trapped makes me worse, but mostly I can talk myself through it and try to distract my mind.

I'm going to a big Fair on Monday and crowds aren't good, but knowing there are others out there who feel the same and helps somehow.

Thanks,
    Lisa.

have you tried sucking a mint or an indigestion tablet? this usually helps me if im feeling really sick.

Thread Information