Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric shock

electric shock

hi everyone,
    i'm such an idiot, can't believe what i just did. i went to plug something into a socket, was watching tv at the same time and didn't notice that i hadn't turned the socket off. plugged the thing in and phoosh, there was a massive massive bang and huge light and i got an electric shock all the way up my arm. i'm sure a normal person would have been fine about it, but i am now on the verge of panic, freaking out about how it will have done something terrible to me and i'm going to conk out any second. shaking really badly, my heart is racing, please can someone tell me something to calm me down.
    i am such an idiot.
    henri

Henri.

You donut......lol
    It is just a normal electric shock.
    Your lucky you didnt cause some real damage.
    You will be fine, if anything was meant to happen it would have done instantly. You dont get symptoms hours after a shock.

Your heart is racing coz the shock frightened you.
    Take some deep breaths, some hot sweet tea, or go for a brisk walk to get rid of some of that adrenalin.

You will be fine Mate.

and next time pay attention....lol

Take Care

Hay x

i know, it was so dumb of me! thanks for replying so quickly. i still can't calm down though, my heart is racing so fast, but maybe a hot drink will do the trick.
    xx

Totally agree that it would have hurt you at the time.

Your ok mate, give yourself a squeeze - not a nice experience but it's over now.

Piglet x

I think most "normal" people would've panicked at that!!! Poor love! I hope you've calmed down now.

Hannah x

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"

lol! i've just about calmed down. i think i just freaked out because i'm always convinced i'm about to die (which, obviously, i'm not)
    really appreciate the reassurance though
    xx

Oh henri you poor thing..

I did it once about years ago (pre-anxiety!) and it freaked the cr*p out of me!! But it wore off pretty quickly - I had a tingly feeling in my arm for ages, can't remember how long, but it was really horrid - I don't know how I would cope these days!!!!

It is quite a common thing to do so try not to panic, if there was any harm done you would know about it by now...!

Ugh... I really feel for you!

Just be nice to yourself now hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

henri

What can i say, apart from you learned a lesson about switching of before plugging in. Two things, dont worry about anything happening, if there was going to be a problem you wouldnt have been able to post, you would have just have been a greaspot on the floor (lol). Two what caused the short in the first place ??. Incindently I can comment on the shock part as i strted life as an electrician

Keith

Hi, i've had a terrible accident with an electric fire years ago (and i can still remember it like it was yesterday) I must have been so stupid but it involved me trying to move the offending electric fire with a knife!!!!!!! Well i nearly landed on the other side of the room, and it felt like my heart was in my throat and beating so fast i was sure i would just combust!!!! But after many frantic phone calls later to my other half (could just about speak) i did manage to calm down, but it did take a while but am alive and well to tell the story later on in life to the grandkids!!!!! I got a right telling off as well, and to this day i'm not allowed an electric fire no matter how much i beg!!!!

It will pass, give it time.

Take care
    Marie XXXX

Glad you are ok

I would question why you got a shock just cos you didnt turn socket off??? Was something wrong with electrics?

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information