Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone take magnesium?

Re: Anyone take magnesium?

Hey everyone!
    I started taking 150 mg of magnesium citrate along with omega-3 gummies (multivitamin) and in the morning Jamieson Stress Support (contains 200 mg of L-Theanine, 25 mg of GABA, 5mg of Glycine and 5 mg of Lemon Balm) to alleviate my panic/anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I found it with the probiotics and other "alternative" supplements, at the opposite end of the aisle from the vitamin supplements.

It was £3 or £4 more than Amazon, so probably better to buy from Amazon.
    It did sting a little at first, and stung like mad where I have eczema on my hands when I rubbed it in! I woke up with a bit of a furry mouth - as you might expect from a salt-based product.
    Hi Chickpea,

A couple of weeks after you had yours, one of my Tescos added a new stand for natural health with this magnesium on.

I read that if it stings, it can mean you have sprayed it onto an area with a magnesium deficiency. Some people seem to suggest spraying it on the tops of your feet to get around this.

Is It helping you?

Well I picked up a bottle of transdermal magnesium with twice as much in as the Better You brand for about £6 off Amazon at Xmas and have been using it recently.

I spray it on my feet as I read that those who find it stings do this to avoid it. No stinging for me.

Its early days yet on things though to determine whether its helping as my sleep deprevation issues will be getting in the way. I have noticed my asthma seems better than it has been for a quite a while though so it could be helping there.

Hi, I have been taking Magnesium for a week now, the fizzies from Slow Mag as the absorb better - not sure if you get that brand where you are, here in South Africa, Slow Mag is the top recommended magnesium brand, here is the link to the site just to give you more info on how magnesium helps for stress, fatigue, anxiety, etc.

http://www.slowmag.co.za/#intro

Quote Originally Posted by NixieNoo View Post
    Hi, I have been taking Magnesium for a week now, the fizzies from Slow Mag as the absorb better - not sure if you get that brand where you are, here in South Africa, Slow Mag is the top recommended magnesium brand, here is the link to the site just to give you more info on how magnesium helps for stress, fatigue, anxiety, etc.

http://www.slowmag.co.za/#intro
    Yeah, its on Amazon in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well I picked up a bottle of transdermal magnesium with twice as much in as the Better You brand for about £6 off Amazon at Xmas and have been using it recently.

I spray it on my feet as I read that those who find it stings do this to avoid it. No stinging for me.

Its early days yet on things though to determine whether its helping as my sleep deprevation issues will be getting in the way. I have noticed my asthma seems better than it has been for a quite a while though so it could be helping there.
    Update from me.

I can't say I have been noticing any benefits with spraying 3 times on each foot. But I have been having bad knees for about 6+ weeks now and I thought it might be something like osteoarthitis. I found taking glucosamine was helping a bit but then it didn't seem to improve until...I sprayed magnesium on my knees! Twice for each and within a day the aches had reduced substantially. I've been using it for a week now and my knees are much better, still some aches here & there but the clicking has gone and they no longer throb on the bad days when I get into bed.

I guess it's also possible that since this can work quite quickly for something, the fact I noticed nothing before could literally be due to lack of correct dosage so I need to play around a bit with it.

I'm also going to try it on my sciatica next to see if anything improves and on my skin aches which I get a fair bit with all the walking as I've sene people using it for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Update from me.

I can't say I have been noticing any benefits with spraying 3 times on each foot. But I have been having bad knees for about 6+ weeks now and I thought it might be something like osteoarthitis. I found taking glucosamine was helping a bit but then it didn't seem to improve until...I sprayed magnesium on my knees! Twice for each and within a day the aches had reduced substantially. I've been using it for a week now and my knees are much better, still some aches here & there but the clicking has gone and they no longer throb on the bad days when I get into bed.

I guess it's also possible that since this can work quite quickly for something, the fact I noticed nothing before could literally be due to lack of correct dosage so I need to play around a bit with it.

I'm also going to try it on my sciatica next to see if anything improves and on my skin aches which I get a fair bit with all the walking as I've sene people using it for that too.
    Did you try it on your sciatica too Terry?

I have started taking magnesium citrate tablets for muscle tension and pain, in back and hips.
    I think it is stress, anxiety and depression that have caused this.

Let me know how the spray is.

Quote Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post
    Did you try it on your sciatica too Terry?

I have started taking magnesium citrate tablets for muscle tension and pain, in back and hips.
    I think it is stress, anxiety and depression that have caused this.

Let me know how the spray is.
    Yes Julie,

I have been using it for about a week and it is helping with my sciatica, hips and knees. I guess real improvements will take time but it is decreasing the aches & pains.

I did experience some stinging at first which suggested a deficiency anyway.

Citrate is a laxative so if you go over a certain dosage it can give you the runs. There are other forms that don't do this. Stay away from oxide though as that turns to Milk Of Magnesia when it hits the water in your stomach and can similar effects on your bowels. There are some good threads about this on the Natural Remedies board.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 08-08-15 at 02:20.

I take it daily,have done for years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information