Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Woke up in a sweat feeling cold as hell again this morning. Really freaking me out this symptom. I wouldn't say I was "drenched" but felt a bit wet.

Still getting some "lazy eye" like double vision too, feeling weak, seemingly needing to pee a lot, and my skin seems to be denting easily too.

I posted a reply to someone on another forum that they shouldn't be worrying about sock indentations, but now I'm getting the exact same thing! If I prod myself anywhere it seems to leave a mark instantly.

Seeing my doctor next week, but not sure I can wait that long! Seem to be getting worse.
    Last edited by ThroatGoat; 04-05-18 at 12:54.

I noticed exactly the same with the marks, do you think it might just be tiredness from whatever this is causing poor blood circulation? I know I don’t work out at all these days nor do I eat particularly well and I’m kind of skinny to begin with so maybe it’s just being out of whack because of it all + us over analyzing everything? I hope it’s that anyway

I had a couple bad days, then a couple better ones, now I found a small palpable lymphnode on the inside of my collarbone and it sent my HA through the roof. I know it doesn’t have to be malignant but I’m going to the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment as I can’t help but think of the worst possible scenarios atm my tonsil and other nodes feel the sameish so I really hope it’s one of those viruses that last for months, apparently they are not the most common thing but they do occur.
    Let us know how you get on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbine17 View Post
    I noticed exactly the same with the marks, do you think it might just be tiredness from whatever this is causing poor blood circulation? I know I don’t work out at all these days nor do I eat particularly well and I’m kind of skinny to begin with so maybe it’s just being out of whack because of it all + us over analyzing everything? I hope it’s that anyway

I had a couple bad days, then a couple better ones, now I found a small palpable lymphnode on the inside of my collarbone and it sent my HA through the roof. I know it doesn’t have to be malignant but I’m going to the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment as I can’t help but think of the worst possible scenarios atm my tonsil and other nodes feel the sameish so I really hope it’s one of those viruses that last for months, apparently they are not the most common thing but they do occur.
    Let us know how you get on!
    It could be! I'm not exactly very active right now, so maybe that's the cause. I've been eating okay through all of this, apart from in the earlier stages were my mouth was dry during the day too, I found it difficult to eat, but now I'm generally feeling hungry again, and trying to eat healthier too.

I thought I had a palpable node at one point too! Turns out it wasn't a node at all, and is just my pulse. Hoping it's the same for you too!

My current symptoms are:

• Dry mouth (mostly morning, not all the time anymore)
    • Tonsils still looking red/swollen (both sides),
    • I can feel nodes in all kinds of places (small, squishy and movable)
    • Mood swings (cried earlier)
    • Chills (hot flashes sometimes too)
    • Nausea (worse than before, could be the be the Ativan/Nasal spray)
    • Constipation (I think it might be caused by Ativan too)
    • Minor occasional tinnitus
    • Feeling weak/shaky
    • Anxious (Well, I was diagnosed with anxiety!)

My doctor prescribed me with Sandoz Momesetone (sp?) for post nasal drip, and Ativan (0.5mg) for the anxiety. So some of my current symptoms could be being caused by those 2 meds.

I decided not to take either of them today to see if it makes any difference, but it might take a while for the effects to wear off though I guess.

Hopefully the Doctors appointment goes well and I can finally get some clarity and put the thoughts of the "C" word out of my head! I'm sure your's will go well too.

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Spoke too soon about eating okay, been struggling with that today at both lunch and dinner time, although just about managed to force myself.

Really worrying right now, and I know it ain't helping.

Freaking out a bit the past few days.
    * still getting night sweats
    * feel weak
    * lost a little bit of weight
    * trembling
    * not talking properly
    * skin indenting easily
    * feeling nodes in groin and neck
    * tonsils still inflamed and breath terrible along with dry mouth

Could this all be anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Freaking out a bit the past few days.
    * still getting night sweats
    * feel weak
    * lost a little bit of weight
    * trembling
    * not talking properly
    * skin indenting easily
    * feeling nodes in groin and neck
    * tonsils still inflamed and breath terrible along with dry mouth

Could this all be anxiety?
    Hi TG Yes in a word it can, the tonsils how ever sound inflamed and is probably tonsillitis which may need antibiotics/ or a op had mine out years ago now adays it's a lot simpler and quicker so would get them checked but it's not life threatening so just to say again the rest can be put down to your HA condition which needs addressing with your dr in the first place ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi TG Yes in a word it can, the tonsils how ever sound inflamed and is probably tonsillitis which may need antibiotics/ or a op had mine out years ago now adays it's a lot simpler and quicker so would get them checked but it's not life threatening so just to say again the rest can be put down to your HA condition which needs addressing with your dr in the first place ATB
    Thank you very much for the reply, puts my mind at ease

Yes there's definitely some tonsillitis going on, I've been tested for strep and mono, but both came back negative.

Might need to see an ENT I think.

Got an appointment tomorrow with doctor, so hopefully I can get some answers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ssssmufc View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply, puts my mind at ease

Yes there's definitely some tonsillitis going on, I've been tested for strep and mono, but both came back negative.

Might need to see an ENT I think.

Got an appointment tomorrow with doctor, so hopefully I can get some answers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Np Great let us know how you get on ATB

Np Great let us know how you get on ATB
    Thank you mate! Will update the thread tomorrow for sure.

Hopefully I can finally put my mind at rest, 5 weeks this has been going on for now. Still worried I have some kind of "C".

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Sorry for the 2 accounts too, was using tapatalk earlier and ended up having to use a different username.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Thank you mate! Will update the thread tomorrow for sure.

Hopefully I can finally put my mind at rest, 5 weeks this has been going on for now. Still worried I have some kind of "C".

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Sorry for the 2 accounts too, was using tapatalk earlier and ended up having to use a different username.
    Np mate Would have thought you could have used the same UN with Taptalk? I know it does work irrespective what devices you access the forum on by much prefer my computer stick connected to my 40" tv Hey good luck tomorrow mate ATB

Np mate Would have thought you could have used the same UN with Taptalk? I know it does work irrespective what devices you access the forum on by much prefer my computer stick connected to my 40" tv Hey good luck tomorrow mate ATB
    I might have been able to, but I forgot the password for this account and wasn't in the mood to do a password reset on a small phone.

Another "symptom" I seem to have developed today is feeling like I'm going to fall over/off-balance. Also another anxiety symptom apparently so not too worried about that.

Will see what tomorrow brings!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information