Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password

Old 17-01-12, 19:27
Removed User

Re: Endoscopy Whimp Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
I,m sure it will be fine mate , i reckon i will have to go this time , the doc wanted to send me just before xmas but wasn,t my usuaul dr and n, if the nice lady doc thinks i should when i see her next week so be it .

You first though !
Well come 8:30am on the 31st I will be in the local hospital. Hopefully staying calm and the next day I will report back and let you know if i can do it anyone can.

Btw I asked my doctor about it today and she said should be fine, she told me she seen a lady yesterday who had one done and she was in her 80s so i have to prove something to myself
Old 17-01-12, 23:19
Advanced Member

Wow that was a quick appointment . I thought it was a 4-6 week wait like i had when i had a scan on my lymph nodes .
My drs visit is on the 24 th of this month so i will see what she says , but i think i,m going to ask for it anyway and bite the bullet , its only a farting little camera for 2 minutes after all (says me )
Old 18-01-12, 00:10
Removed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
Wow that was a quick appointment . I thought it was a 4-6 week wait like i had when i had a scan on my lymph nodes .
My drs visit is on the 24 th of this month so i will see what she says , but i think i,m going to ask for it anyway and bite the bullet , its only a farting little camera for 2 minutes after all (says me )
Yeah appointment seem to come quick i think its because they say a endoscopy is minor procedure (LOL seems hard to me) and some doctors surgerys can do it as well (from what i have been told).
Old 31-01-12, 11:37
Removed User

All done and dusted.

A bit of a sore nose as they did it transnasal. Also lucky did it with out sedation just the spray.

Was a little embarrassed as my eye weeped a bit like i was crying and burped a couple of times but apart from that not to bad.

Only thing is my nose is bleeding abit so spitting up blood alot (but told that would be normal).
Old 18-03-12, 22:08

I too was very nervous about having an endoscopy but reading some of the positive posts on here really helped me. I just had to add my experience, after having the procedure 5 days ago. I made sure the doctor and nurses knew just how scared I was (not that I could have hidden it!), and I asked to have the throat spray and as much sedative as possible! I can honestly say I was unaware of the procedure from the moment the sedative was injected into the back of my hand, until I was woken to have my blood pressure taken when it was all over. I was relieved to find out my stomach aches are being caused by excess acid. I had been thinking and worrying about the procedure every day and night since before Christmas and kept putting it off. I'm so pleased I've had it done now and if I had to have another, I would be much calmer but would still ask for throat spray and lots of sedation! I hope this helps someone, as I was helped by reading other's experiences.

Tags
endoscopy, question, whimp