Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Health Anxiety Are you plagued by fears about your body or health? Are you suffering from Health Anxiety? Please check other sub-forums first to see if your problem should be posted there instead. E.G. the IBS forum or the medication forum or the symptoms forum.

Old 15-04-12, 03:09

Painting room and health anxiety worries

I paint my room every year but this year I'm quite anxious about things again.

I googled sleeping in a fresh painted room and found it causes headaches and issues from the smell. Usually I sleep fine but this year as I googled I'm up at 3am worrying over a room I painted about 8/9pm. It's the smell of gloss.

I have to paint the walls tomorrow..window is open but still anxious. Also freaking out over the smell of turps or any paint near my hands or on clothes incase I get contaminated.

Anybody else get this anxiety?
Old 15-04-12, 07:58
Intermediate Member

Re: Painting room and health anxiety worries

Honey I think the only thing that will happen is the headaches because of the fumes. What I would do is when you paint a room for the day wait a day or two before you sleep in it as this wouldve set and the fumes wont get to you if at all possible open up all the doors and windows to air the room out so it gets rid of the fumes.

I understand what you mean though I went through a painck when I accidentally sprayed my shoes in an inside area with no air and I was breathing it in and found out how toxic it could be I was like ummm... do I need to go to A and E then? its freaky stuff.

But you should be fine the worse will be a headache which would usually go with fresh air.

All the best aye
Old 15-04-12, 10:02

I was a bit worried about sleeping in a freshly painted room last year when I did some painting with some particularly fumey paint, but it was absolutely fine. The smell wasn't very nice, but I left the window and door open and woke up feeling pretty fresh and headache free!
Old 15-04-12, 11:03

Hi,
I did have a thing about paint smells. I have just finshed the bathroom, and painted some damp proof paint on first, that smell was bad.
A tip someone gave me, cut a couple of large onions up and leave on plates or container and that does help the smell, ----the smell of the onions take over and open windows as said.
Old 15-04-12, 11:12
UK Administrator

Paint fumes really arent anything to worry about, decorators work with them all day every day
Old 16-04-12, 00:50

Thanks painting is done been worried all day about stuff getting in cups, near my mouth, after I showered I put my finger in my nose and it may have had some paint under the finger nails so I worried about that also feared I could taste it all day ect..
Old 16-04-12, 01:04
Administrator

Paint is now non toxic so can't harm you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Tags
anxiety, health, painting, room, worries